Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 2002 SS EX is supposed to be ready for delivery within the next 7-10 days. I have read various other posts regarding the paint problems with SS and oil leaks. I will be sure to check these items as thoroughly as possible and I will take it for a test drive. However, what other things, specific or general, should we look for or ask about before taking delivery? Is the paint problem so bad that we should reconsider the color? Finally, any comments on Phil Bachman Honda in Kingsport, Tennessee? Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Went to see my Honda dealer today. I am trading in my '99 EX for a '02 GG EX NAVI. My lease on the '99 runs out April 17. I did not have to make a deposit or signed anything. My payment comes out to the same what I am paying now plus a check for $3000; I opted for applying it as a down payment and end up paying about $100 less a month. Equity in the '99 will be about $5000. Got to love how well our vehicles keep their value. Also test drove a 2002. It seems to be quieter, more powerful, and handles better; even more like a car than the '99. Now I can't wait until April. I am adding privacy glass up front, mud flaps and fender well strips. Wanted to move the fog lights over, but that does not seem to be possible. They were OK but too pricey to get them again.
Deal with somebody you trust and don't sweat the paperwork.

·
Registered
68 Posts
We just signed up for a EX-L Res at Bill Gatton Honda in Bristol, TN while in town visiting my parents. They were slightly difficult to deal with though we are getting the car for slightly less than MSRP. My father found out the following day that they were the most difficult dealer to work with in the area. His friends suggested going to Kingsport or perhaps Johnson City. How was your experience in Kingsport? Our Res is scheduled to be delivered in March.
Thanks, Rick Harman

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by herschelgoodnight:
Our 2002 SS EX is supposed to be ready for delivery within the next 7-10 days. I have read various other posts regarding the paint problems with SS and oil leaks. I will be sure to check these items as thoroughly as possible and I will take it for a test drive. However, what other things, specific or general, should we look for or ask about before taking delivery? Is the paint problem so bad that we should reconsider the color? Finally, any comments on Phil Bachman Honda in Kingsport, Tennessee? Thanks in advance for your suggestions.</font>

[This message has been edited by charman123 (edited 02-12-2002).]

·
Registered
18 Posts
We were quite pleased with our experience with Honda Morristown. $400 under MSRP. No hassle or add ons. Two months wait with $500 deposit. Would highly recommend the drive down to check them out. Feel free to e-mail for more info.

------------------
2002 EP EXL-RES
1996 Accord LX

1 - 4 of 4 Posts