Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
None of the current colors excite me and I can't make up my mind. What I really want is pearl white, which of course both the sienna and quest come in but not the odyssey. Sigh.

How often does honda come out with new colors? Any word on new colors for 2012?

Oh and in the print ad with the lady, rainbow and deer w/ est mpg (sorry my google search skills aren't working too well today), the color is a non-existant pearl white, right? A fictional color they used to temp me and leave me hanging. Could it possibly be taffeta white or the alabaster silver?

·
Banned
728 Posts
None of the current colors excite me and I can't make up my mind. What I really want is pearl white, which of course both the sienna and quest come in but not the odyssey. Sigh.

How often does honda come out with new colors? Any word on new colors for 2012?

Oh and in the print ad with the lady, rainbow and deer w/ est mpg (sorry my google search skills aren't working too well today), the color is a non-existant pearl white, right? A fictional color they used to temp me and leave me hanging. Could it possibly be taffeta white or the alabaster silver?
I think it is a bit early to tell what changes (including colours) might be coming for 2012.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
The colors were what kept my wife from going with another Ody....she also really wanted a pearl white. What's odd is the Pilot has that color available...quite possibly the worst vehicle in Honda's lineup!! I would bet it shows up at some point but who knows when. It's quite awhile before 2012's will be discussed.

·
Super Moderator
13,638 Posts
Usually, color changes come mid-model year. I doubt there'd be new colors for 2012. IIRC, they had new colors with the 2008 model year with the 2005 - 2010 3rd gen.

·
Super Moderator
13,638 Posts
Mid model year or mid life cycle??
That's what I meant mid life cycle model year. Missed the life cycle part in haste.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I wonder how the Opal Sage Metallic color that Honda uses on other models would look on the Odyssey??? I'm not a big fan of the Celestial Blue color.

:)

·
Registered
359 Posts
They did add pearl white to the Pilot Touring model, so maybe the Odyssey will get it too one of these years.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Oh and in the print ad with the lady, rainbow and deer w/ est mpg (sorry my google search skills aren't working too well today), the color is a non-existant pearl white, right?
I guess it is more of an enhanced pic, here is the video:

YouTube - 2011 Honda Odyssey Commercial "Vanquility" | DCH Honda of Temecula

I wonder how the Opal Sage Metallic color that Honda uses on other models would look on the Odyssey??? I'm not a big fan of the Celestial Blue color.
:huh: Thanks for your input, very useful ;)

·
Registered
786 Posts
In the third gen, the first color changes came in the 3rd year (2007). That was when they dropped Sage Brush Pearl and replaced it with Nimbus Gray. In fact, the only major change for 2006 was a leather steering wheel for EXL models. So I wouldn't expect to see much for 2012.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Honda's smart. They have been doing this for years. Limited range of exterior colors with one or two interior colors to choose from. Fewer parts and paints to buy and faster to manufacturer.

Even a car company like BMW only offers a few more colors than Honda does on the Odyssey, so they're not that far off, even though it might look limiting to many people. But alas, they do have the black interior.

:frown:

2011 BMW X5 Color Chart

1 - 13 of 13 Posts