Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has followed up on the Addco sway bars talked about in another thread? If not, perhaps I'll check into it this week.

------------------
'02 RP EX NAV
Mudguards,cargo tray,Weathertech mats, lampguards, gold emblems,
17" TSW Spirit wheels with 235/55 Dunlop Sport A2 tires
"Nothing you do for children is ever wasted" G.Keillor

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mark, I was going to call today too, I'll wait to see what you find out.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Just got off the phone with Saner, He tells me it's another 4-5 weeks (sound like your local Honda dealer Huh!!) He been booked with Mazda biz and we are next!! I will post as soon as I hear. His site is:Sanerpertffab.com

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, thanks for the update! I am definitely interested in one for my Ody. Is he working on one for the front as well as the rear?

·
Registered
596 Posts
That REAR bar is the one we want! It is the one which works the magic and makes a van feel great. The one on my Caravan (aftermarket-Helwig Sport) made that critter downright tossable. It had a neutral feel no matter how hard it was cornered and wiped out front tire scrub entirely. Oh what a feeling! I cannot wait until we can get one for the Odyssey......

Jerry O.

------------------
2001 Odyssey GG LX

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I am hoping for a rear bar!

------------------
'02 RP EX NAV
Mudguards,cargo tray,Weathertech mats, lampguards, gold emblems,
17" TSW Spirit wheels with 235/55 Dunlop Sport A2 tires
"Nothing you do for children is ever wasted" G.Keillor

·
Registered
596 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MGians:
Jerry,
Did your Caravan come with a stock rear bar?
</font>
My Caravan did not come with a rear bar, since it was not a "Sport", so my eyes were really opened when I got to feel the disappearance of that ol' understeer. I knew the effect, since I had added a rear bar to a car many years ago, with the same great result.

Jerry O.

------------------
2001 Odyssey GG LX

·
Registered
244 Posts
Jerry,
Could you find any info on the Helwig bar you got for your Caravan. It would be helpful to Saner, so he can build a rear bar for us.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I can't imagine that the Helwig info would help much, since the Caravan has "buggy" springs and a solid axle. That bar was attached to the axle with u-bolts and the ends faced the rear of the vehicle. The end links were anchored to the body channels at the rear. It had all polyeurethane bushings. The Honda, with the IRS, would need a completely different design. One thing I must say about the Helwig bar is that it went in perfectly, using existing holes and a couple of clever install techniques. I would think they might come up with a bar one of these days, too.

Jerry O.

------------------
2001 Odyssey GG LX

·
Registered
244 Posts
Just got off the phone with my tech friend at America Honda. He told me of a L.A. fabricator and racer that built a rear bar for their ody, He said they felt no difference with it on or off. I'll try Saners front one first.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Very interesting, Mark. The chassis of the Odyssey is very good, as it is, so, maybe the benefits would not be as great as on the Caravan, which "pushed" quite a bit, out of the box. My Odyssey feels just about the same as the modified Caravan(front to rear balance)on tight, fast turns and has almost no front tire scrub. They did a very good job on our soccerbus.

Jerry O.

------------------
2001 Odyssey GG LX

·
Registered
261 Posts
Now Im beginning to see a trend for our sports-soccer-bus-that-tows

First. Front (under) Sway-bar
second. Rear (under) Sway-bar
Third. Front & Rear (top) TOWER bar!!!
Fourth. Sports Springs for all 4 wheels!!!
Fifth. Sports Shock-absorbers for all 4 !!!
Sixth. Pair of Air-Lift for the Rear springs

Yeah right!! As if we're all going to see the day these toys would be available.
keep dreamin' guys!!!

------------------

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Well I have almost convinced my fiance to let 'me' use the van for a couple of local AutoX events. I think with some smooth driving/transitions it will perform decently. Of course...more than anything I want to post the first pictures of timed racing with an Ody! Then again, there is a 'grudge night'/run what you brung' at Firebird Dragway tomorrow night.... : )
Hope the rear sway bar (when available) will make a noticeable difference.....

------------------
2002 Silver EX
1996 VW Gti
1999 Pit Bull/Catahoula Leopard dogs

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by OdyRocky:
Well I have almost convinced my fiance to let 'me' use the van for a couple of local AutoX events. I think with some smooth driving/transitions it will perform decently. Of course...more than anything I want to post the first pictures of timed racing with an Ody! Then again, there is a 'grudge night'/run what you brung' at Firebird Dragway tomorrow night.... : )

</font>
Yeah ! Can't wait to see the picks.

------------------
-ROB-
'01 GG LX "Lagreat"(with lotsa stuff.S-T-U-F-F)

http://community.webshots.com/album/18601743AkjQIJiKqK

·
Registered
24 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jerry O:
That REAR bar is the one we want! It is the one which works the magic and makes a van feel great. The one on my Caravan (aftermarket-Helwig Sport) made that critter downright tossable. It had a neutral feel no matter how hard it was cornered and wiped out front tire scrub entirely. Oh what a feeling! I cannot wait until we can get one for the Odyssey......

Jerry O.

</font>
What's FRONT TIRE SCRUB?

I have a 2001 V6 Accord sedan with 225/45/17 Michelin Pilot XGTH4 but, my car STILL slides into corners in the dry, it feels like grinding. IS that scrubbing? If so PLEASE PLEASE tell me how I can improve that.

MY 1997 Camry V6 doesn't do the ABOVE nor does our 1999 Odyssey. I'm desperate for a solution because, it seems as if I have one of those annoyances that I'll always have to live with.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts