Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After an eye popping 20 pages of price bragging, I didn't see any LX prices in the 2012 prices paid thread. could be I missed it, but it seems hardly anybody buys less than an EXL. Don't y'all know there's a bad economy going on out there? ;)

It seems invoice is a fair target for the bling bloated models. Anybody have success getting a workaday LX for invoice?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I did a quick search on AutoTrader and it looks like there are new 2012 LX going for $25,952. Considering invoice for these are $25,580, I'd say you could get it for invoice or better. Discounts are probably not as good as the EX-Ls as I'm sure LX quantity is more limited.

-Moto

·
Registered
1 Posts
There are some 2011 LX's floating around.. I saw at least one at a dealership about $1000 less than the '12's. Truecar.com is a quick way to see a price. I think in my area they were ~$25k

·
Registered
216 Posts
After an eye popping 20 pages of price bragging, I didn't see any LX prices in the 2012 prices paid thread. could be I missed it, but it seems hardly anybody buys less than an EXL. Don't y'all know there's a bad economy going on out there? ;)

It seems invoice is a fair target for the bling bloated models. Anybody have success getting a workaday LX for invoice?
We always buy EX cuz it's a great value and we don't like leather. Dealers in my area do have LX models available.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Well the LX's don't sell all that well when compared to the other models. This can be for any number of reasons, but one that I can think of is that many people looking at the LX model find they can get a Town & Country, Grand Caravan, or Sedona for a better value feature wise. The Sienna CE's don't sell all that well either, although I have not cross-priced any of them in a long time.

When it comes to the state of the economy, I'm often surprised too at what I see sometimes, but keep in mind, many SUV's have sticker prices rising well over 50K and beyond. So many EXL and Touring buyers could very well be downsizing their purchases too. Even the fully loaded Touring Elite is a bargain at 44K when you compare it to some of the other cars on the market. Even non-luxury ones sold by Toyota, Ford, and GM.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Sienna CE (now called base model, it seems) appears to be a vaporware product around here. None of the dealers I checked had one. Worse, they were stupid in feature prioritization. Non tinted rear windows? Can you say hotbox? But that same model comes with alloy wheels.... Dumb priorities and a deal killer for us (aftermarket tinting on a van seems to look stupid since the glass isn't entirely accessible from the interior).

The LX hits the bullseye for spending money where I wanted it, and NOT spending it on what I don't care about. (other than the center console, which I can build from parts bought online)

When we bought the 03LX people said I was nuts and that I'd regret it at resale time. LOL, I'm pretty sure the resale on my LX with 195,000 miles ain't much less than that of an 03 EXL-RES with similar miles....

·
Registered
182 Posts
Just saw an article somewhere. Only about 8% of Odysseys are LX's. Something like 80% of Odys have a transaction price over $34,000.

The Sienna CE SUCKS! Rented one for a road trip. That 4 banger and how they have the tranny/throttle calibrated is VERY annoying. ANd yes, it does feel stripped. LE one (we rented two Siennas, but I drove the CE) was MUCH nicer and hits the sweet spot in value IMO.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Just saw an article somewhere. Only about 8% of Odysseys are LX's. Something like 80% of Odys have a transaction price over $34,000.

The Sienna CE SUCKS! Rented one for a road trip. That 4 banger and how they have the tranny/throttle calibrated is VERY annoying. ANd yes, it does feel stripped. LE one (we rented two Siennas, but I drove the CE) was MUCH nicer and hits the sweet spot in value IMO.
Agree the LE Sienna V6 is an excellent value and is the one we owned for 2011. Now that the 12 Odyssey includes Bluetooth and the hard drive music storage, we think it's an even better value, though we do miss the back up camera for parking.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts

I'd say e-mail the dealers around your hometown to see what they are up to. If your location is accurate, I see many listed, they should be very willing to sell them :) (see link)

Find Your Car: New Honda Odyssey Listings Near Bartlett, IL 60103 - AutoTrader.com

·
Registered
489 Posts
Here is mine 2012 (Silver)LX cost in the Bay Area,$25,690.85 + other cost OTD was $28,200.00 ( I took a pic while he was getting the keys & booklets).....hope this help. :cool: LX Cost.jpg

And so far added by date:

1: OEM All weather mats $142
2: OEM Center Console $89 (dealer wants $399) LX Cup holders is on the floor.
3: OEM Body Side Molding $143
4: OEM Mud Splash Guard $60
5: 9x LED's inside Car Bulbs $25
6: DDM HID kit H11 $53
7: Chrome Pillar Posts (6pcs) $50
8: Rear Bumper Guard (2pcs) (Silver) $10
9: "Benz L-Sharpe" 8-LED DRL $33
10: Complete All seat covers with "60/40 3rd row fit" $64
11: Deluxe Door edge with Chrome $4 (Autozone store)
12: Add-on Alarm w/ shock sensor work with FOB keys $120 Installed
13: 9005 65w White Xenon for DRL (didn't like the stock yellow) $7
14: "Type S" Steering Wheel Spinner Knob $10 <---makes driving easier
15: Added a 2nd DC socket in the front (3M brand) $7...LX only had one.
16: 3x fitted trunk Containers w/lids - Walmart Sterilite brand $20
17: Folding Car Remote Key Flip Case $12.50 + local Laser-cut $35 = $47.50

Grand total with all the add-on $884.50

Soon will add
18: Rear view camera set $150 or less, with Sony CCD.
19: Clear Bra ????? ($60 to $250)
20: a 7" DVD deck ???? ($250 Craigslist to $400 New)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Cnt right about you can have nice vans for less compare to Ody LX.

I did not look at Sienna and Quest because i did not even think about buying those. Lately, i am trying to keep my mind open.

I was shocked with their price(with low miles on it). No Way. Now i know Honda ody is way overpriced.

You can find New Sienna LE V6 and Nissan Quest S with very low miles or few miles for less price range from 22 to 25. Pretty Crazy huh?

33 is lot of money for a car. I am looking at ODy EX L because of power liftgate standard at those trim. I am not going to put my cooked food and other stuff at ground:). I find myself hand full few times and sometime my wife forget about me:).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts