Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my first visit to see an Odyssey I thought the salesman was yanking me telling me that the Touring Elites go the fastest of all the models. My guess was the EX-L, it has most the features you would want but isn't so loaded as to be ridiculously expensive. Well, after doing some looking around and a little research, I discovered the salesman wasn't kidding! What a surprise! After looking at the posts in the 2011+ and intro section I am shocked to see $45k MINIVANS flying off the lot! Anybody else baffled? Explanations?

·
Registered
35 Posts
On my first visit to see an Odyssey I thought the salesman was yanking me telling me that the Touring Elites go the fastest of all the models. My guess was the EX-L, it has most the features you would want but isn't so loaded as to be ridiculously expensive. Well, after doing some looking around and a little research, I discovered the salesman wasn't kidding! What a surprise! After looking at the posts in the 2011+ and intro section I am shocked to see $45k MINIVANS flying off the lot! Anybody else baffled? Explanations?

We opted for the TE due to the fact it had both the Nav and RES and the 18 inch wheels were a big draw for me too. If the EX-L had that, we would have gone for that level actually.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Yes and no. I'm surprised that in this economy, that that many people want them but I think the supply is pretty limited. It seems like they get way fewer TE's than other models and so it seems like the are in crazy demand.

I wanted all the items the TE had over the Touring... and I had a 2011 Touring first so I really know the difference. In our neck of the woods almost all the TE's are sold before they even arrive. Over the summer there was a waiting list b/c of the inventory problems b/c of the Tsunami.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Ya, I agree that the TE supply seems to be much smaller, hence why they don't sit on the lot too much.
I can understand people buying the TE, what is a bit weird to me, is seeing how many Yukon Denali and especially how many Caddy Escalades I see in my area.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts