Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its the three rectangle buttons near the map lights. You can program up to three remote controls such as garage door openers. Haven't programed it yet but anybody here using this feature and tell me your thoughts about it.

My thing is that how do you disable the remote access lets say if you want to sell the car?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I use it.. works great... left button left door right button right door... middle unused for now unless get a homelink system for inside lights.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Yeah, Homelink has been around for years. THere is a real simply procedure in the manual for clearing all Homelink codes when you sell the vehicle.

·
Banned
80 Posts
Its the three rectangle buttons near the map lights. You can program up to three remote controls such as garage door openers. Haven't programed it yet but anybody here using this feature and tell me your thoughts about it.

My thing is that how do you disable the remote access lets say if you want to sell the car?
Press and hold left and right buttons simultaneously for 20 secs. should clear all codes.

·
Registered
730 Posts
If you have garage door openers then use it. It works fine.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I agree, the owners manual is a great feature.

·
Registered
88 Posts
^^^lols, wise guy :)

Like the manual says, some garage door openers have rotating code, so you may need two people to 'learn' the van's homelink to the operator. Our garage door operator's button was on the operator itself, so I had to use a step ladder, while my wife was in the van to press the button.

My first vehicle with this feature, and its nice to not have to dig around for the garage remote. I was even thinking of syncing my parents and in-laws, who are both out of town, but who we visit often, but sometimes they aren't there when we arrive.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm about ready to buy an Odyssey, but have simple question: Do the Odyssey's homelink buttons only work when the ignition key is inserted and turned to On? (and don't work if the key isn't inserted.)
Reason I am asking is that crooks are breaking into cars in our neighborhood, and they can sometimes use homelink buttons to gain access to the house through the garage door.
I believe some cars require that the ignition key be turned to On in order for the homelink to operate the garage door. But the homelink in some other car models (like my old 2001 Acura) operate all the time.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I'm about ready to buy an Odyssey, but have simple question: Do the Odyssey's homelink buttons only work when the ignition key is inserted and turned to On? (and don't work if the key isn't inserted.)
Reason I am asking is that crooks are breaking into cars in our neighborhood, and they can sometimes use homelink buttons to gain access to the house through the garage door.
I believe some cars require that the ignition key be turned to On in order for the homelink to operate the garage door. But the homelink in some other car models (like my old 2001 Acura) operate all the time.
The buttons work all the time, even without the key in the ignition. I believe the engineers designed it that way assuming that you are going to actually park in a garage and not your driveway if you have your garage programmed into the Homelink.

Knowing that, you may not want to program your Homelink if you only park in your driveway because indeed all it takes for someone to open your garage is to break a window and push a button.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The buttons work all the time, even without the key in the ignition. I believe the engineers designed it that way assuming that you are going to actually park in a garage and not your driveway if you have your garage programmed into the Homelink.

Knowing that, you may not want to program your Homelink if you only park in your driveway because indeed all it takes for someone to open your garage is to break a window and push a button.

You guys don't have a "lock" button on your permanantly stationed transmitter? When the button in engaged, it prevents any of your remotes from opening the garage door. I have three cars and a two car garage. The other car sits on the driveway with the remote in there. I just make sure I hit the lock button before I go to sleep.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Always keep in mind that your garage door isn't really all that secure. See below.

Breaking into a Garage - YouTube

look at slide .27 There is a secure latch to prevent what was being done.

Use the latch= no break in.

I have an electronic latch that can be activated from outside. They don't sell such things. I tweaked it myself. Electronics/mechanical engineer dude.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts