Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anyone has attempted changing the factory radio in a oddy with lets say a Kenwood radio/CD player. Any problems? How does it look?

------------------

·
Registered
31 Posts
We're going to be installing the Kenwood KVT-910DVD which will replace the radio/cd player.

We don't have our van yet, but will upate when it is in.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by OddGrinch:
We're going to be installing the Kenwood KVT-910DVD which will replace the radio/cd player.

We don't have our van yet, but will upate when it is in.
</font>
You sound like me, I have all the sterio stuff bought already but no van to put it in. Hopefully it all fits.

------------------

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Installed a Blaupunkt Casablanca. No sweat. Pull off the plastic by starting behind the shift lever -- put the lever in low gear to avoid clearance problems later on. Check the gallery and Chuck's pics for step-by-step. I reused the original mounts instead of the supplied surround, because I wanted to retain the factory storage bin.

------------------
2002 TW EX; Weathertechs; Splash; 4X Pioneer 1695's w/ Blaupunkt Casablanca head unit; Hella Supertone Horns; Hitch w/ Transmission & Power Steering Coolers; 2001 Five-spoke Alloy Wheels.
2000 Honda CBR 929 RR
Honda "Masters" GXV140, 135 cc. mower

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sinbad:
Check the gallery and Chuck's pics for step-by-step.
</font>
Actually, Chuck has a factory head unit... but he does show how to take off the center dash trim which can help you.... But that's a moot point, since his gallery is offline now, while Jim is trying to put his pics on the website.

Check Dohrn's Fototime gallery for pics on how to install your head unit.. (also cool pics of his rear hatch 6x9s)

http://www.fototime.com/inv/36F6F83A8CFDFA6

Changing the head unit is easy, as Sinbad notes, using the factory brackets is the best too. One last comment, if you get an EX and want to use the steering wheel remote buttons, you'll need the buy a steering wheel IR interface module and wire that up..

http://www.peripheralelectronics.com/periph_products/steering_interface.htm

------------------
-Shin John
'01 DEP EX, and I'm workin' on it! (slowly)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sinbad:
Installed a Blaupunkt Casablanca. No sweat. Pull off the plastic by starting behind the shift lever -- put the lever in low gear to avoid clearance problems later on. Check the gallery and Chuck's pics for step-by-step. I reused the original mounts instead of the supplied surround, because I wanted to retain the factory storage bin.

Thanks, good info. Gonna do the same with mine......I hope......when the van comes in.
</font>

------------------

1 - 7 of 7 Posts