Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking about going with oem pads for my '01. only seems natural as they get 60,ooo miles on them from factory, right?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just changed front and rear pads out on my 03 EX and used original Honda pads. They work great, throw a little more dust, but the kits that I bought were all inclusive. They fit perfectly also. My rear pads had 80,000 miles on them and they still had a little bit left on them. My front pads had 45,000 miles on them and they were almost worn out.

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Over 100,000 miles on OEM pads on our 2002 EX.

Over 106,000 miles on OEM pads on our 2003 EX.

Getting ready to change pads on both cars with OEM.

OF

·
Super Moderator
13,641 Posts
Nope. I don't think anyone uses OEM pads on the 2nd gen that is now 2 generations old. If you search, I bet you won't find any threads recommending OEM pads. ;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
I work on a few different honda models and it's about a 30/70 split of people that use oem pads. The biggest selling point for most of them not using oem anymore is that places like autozone and orielly's auto parts offer a good ceramic pad with a wear out warranty. The idea is that even if you change them a little more often (say 50k instead of 60k) the pads are always free after you buy the first set. but if you want oem pads I think majestic honda is about the cheapest I have found them. it's worth checking.... Honda Automotive Parts

·
Registered
73 Posts
I use OEM pads on my 2004 Odyssey when I started replacing the pads my self. I notice they dust significantly less than the pads Brake Master was installing. Overall I'm pretty happy with them and would use them again.

·
Registered
114 Posts
For sure, I do. I have a 2000EX. I already learned my lesson by attempting to use non-OEM once. OEM pads will not cause any trouble with brake squeal and are not too expensive. I usually get them for about $40 online (front pads). The rear pads (shoes in my case) can last a lot longer than the fronts. I recently replaced the fronts with the fourth set of OEMs.

Good luck.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm quite happy with the OE Honda pads and rotors I put on the front of my '01 last year-no noise, minimal dust, excellent wear.

The ceramic s#it from NAPA that I put on the rear is another story...Thought I noticed when I changed the snow tires off last week, the left rear drum was out of adjustment?:huh: Maybe that's why the squealing...:mad: Guess I'd better look into it.:redface:

Regards,
Shea:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts