Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey - wondering if anyone has tried both the Timbrens and an air bag system like the Airlift? I see in the posts that there are folks with one or the other, but haven't where the same person has tried both. Just curious.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I’ve tried both but not on the Odyssey. It was on a Silverado truck. Was used and came with Timbrens. I didn’t care for them. I like the ability to adjust that the airRides offered. May be personal preference but I tow with that vehicle often and seems like a heavy load I was still squatting more than I liked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ve tried both but not on the Odyssey. It was on a Silverado truck. Was used and came with Timbrens. I didn’t care for them. I like the ability to adjust that the airRides offered. May be personal preference but I tow with that vehicle often and seems like a heavy load I was still squatting more than I liked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks.. appreciate the feedback

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I did a 8 hr drive from north eastern PA to Toronto and back this weekend, pulling a U-Haul 6x12 trailer. After loading up the trailer with my both of my daughter's stuff, the hitch receiver was down 1.5 inches compared to the height before loading the trailer up. The front end of the Odyssey was definitely raised up from 'standard', though I neglected to measure before loading the trailer. Anyway, it was raining all day on Saturday in Toronto, and the front tires would occasionally slip and spin out if I gave it too much gas from a standing start (with loaded trailer). Rear wheel drive rules when it comes to towing. While the Timbrens did help with keeping the load from bottoming out the rear suspension, and it did seem to help the Odyssey stay more level in turns, it did nothing to help keep the rear from sagging... which is what I thought would be the case. I'm going to leave the Timbrens in for now, but the next time I haul a trailer, I'm going to put in the airlift units instead.

·
Registered
2016 Touring Elite
1,934 Posts
While the Timbrens did help with keeping the load from bottoming out the rear suspension, and it did seem to help the Odyssey stay more level in turns, it did nothing to help keep the rear from sagging... which is what I thought would be the case.
Even if they are engaged at ride height, they still won't eliminate all sag. Unless you are also using a weight distribution hitch, there will be at least some unloading of the front axle too. Physics is physics.

-Charlie

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Even if they are engaged at ride height, they still won't eliminate all sag. Unless you are also using a weight distribution hitch, there will be at least some unloading of the front axle too. Physics is physics.

-Charlie
Agree, just looking to reduce that if possible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts