Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have Weathertech floor mats which help a ton when it comes to keeping the carpet clean but the little things that still get in the carpet are very difficult to get out. The carpet grade seems like that cheap stuff you buy at Autozone. Every time I try to vacuum the carpet, it seems to pill up even though I'm only using the plastic nose.

Are you guys experiencing the same problem? Am I doing something wrong? I sure hope the persons that picked out the carpet and interior grade plastics got demoted. They need to hire the guys that did the interior of our 94 Accord. After 16 years that is in much better shape than our Ody. By the way, I still have the same two kids and it is amazing how delicate the interior of the Ody is.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I find today's Honda interiors are made to 'look' high quality, but when you put your finger on the materials, they are cheap. Example would be dash surfaces, most cars in this price range will use soft foam padded surfaces, but Honda still use hard molded plastic which is much cheaper.

If you add up all the little things you find in the interior, you will realize Honda is trying to increase their profit margin by using lower end materials but mask it by making it look good from a distance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts