Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
left my car running with wife inside while I ran to a store, when I came back i forgot car was running and tried to turn key, when I did i realized it was on but it DID NOT make a grinding sound like my other cars make. I did not want to try again for fear of causing damage so I ask my fellow odyclub friends if this has happened to anyone else?

Steven

P

·
0 Posts
Yes.

Michelle

------------------
  • 2002 RRP EXL-RES
  • 1995 Honda Civic DX Coupe
  • 1990 Chrysler LeBaron Convertible
  • 1987 Honda Civic Sedan
  • 1986 Toyota LE Van
  • 1967 Honda Dream

[This message has been edited by poodleluvr (edited 11-20-2001).]

·
Registered
205 Posts
Alot of cars these days have a starter cutout that prevents you from engaging the starter motor when the engine is running. Glad to hear that it sounds like the Ody has noe too.

------------------
Richard
2002 Granite Green EX-L
Splash Guards, Cargo Tray, Weathertech Mats

·
Registered
261 Posts
our 99 ody makes a very hi-pitched screaching noise when I turn the key, while the engine is still running. I have only done this less than 10 times
...every time I hear the same noise.

Wallstreet, What year & model is yours?

------------------

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts

Michelle,
Love those cute little smilies. Is there a trend starting here?

------------------
-SJ
(former username: shinjohn)
'01 DEP EX, and I'm workin' on it! (slowly)

·
Registered
596 Posts
The screech you hear is caused by a little device hooked to the hamster's leg, which gives him a shock, if he is already running in the wheel. Darell will have a whole car (well, EV) full of those little critters, Hee! Hee!

Jerry O.

------------------
2001 Odyssey GG LX

P

·
0 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Love those cute little smilies. Is there a trend starting here? </font>
Trend? What trend? That little guy just follows me around like he has no life.

Get 'em here Awesome site. You click on the smilie and the ubb code pops up.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">The screech you hear is caused by a little device hooked to the hamster's leg, which gives him a shock, if he is already running in the wheel. Darell will have a whole car (well, EV) full of those little critters, Hee! Hee!</font>
Ha ha ha! Does that mean that the bottom of his EV1 is going to be lined with that woodchip stuff? We'd better get him a dustbuster as a car warming gift.

Michelle

------------------
  • 2002 RRP EXL-RES
  • 1995 Honda Civic DX Coupe
  • 1990 Chrysler LeBaron Convertible
  • 1987 Honda Civic Sedan
  • 1986 Toyota LE Van
  • 1967 Honda Dream

[This message has been edited by poodleluvr (edited 11-20-2001).]

·
Registered
596 Posts
Yeah, Michelle, that sucker is gonna smell like a pet shop, Hee! Hee! From what we know of Darell, he'll figure a way around the problem, such as a dietary change for the critters.

Jerry O.

------------------
2001 Odyssey GG LX

1 - 10 of 10 Posts