Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just planning ahead for when I begin rotating the wheels on the van.
Does anyone know the size of the lug nuts (mm) and the torque specs (lb-ft)?

·
Registered
8,875 Posts
What year? For 2002, the lugs take a 19mm socket and the torque is 80 foot pounds.

·
Registered
8,875 Posts
Oops...just noticed you posted in the 2011 forum. Ignore my specs above. Wait until someone posts the specs for 2011 - they may be different. Good luck!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah a 2011. I know my older hondas were also 19mm and 80 ft-lb.

I'll check the 19mm to see if it fits but eyeballing it, they look bigger.

·
Super Moderator
13,646 Posts
Question on Tires = Post in Tires forum.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I saw that but page 659 only give the torque for tightening the doughnut spare tire not the regular wheels. Also no mention of the size of the lug nuts.
I understand if you can't extrapolate the info, given that most compact spares are steel and most OEM wheels are some sort of alloy. So, torque values may differ. However, I assure you, it's the same torque value. In the Factory Service Manual, it also states wheel lug torque to be 96 lbf-ft. I don't recall the page, and it's out of reach at the moment. But, if you still doubt it, pull out your Service History book. Look under the Pre-Delivery Inspection section. It tells the service technician to inspect wheel nut torque to 96 lbf-ft.

I believe the Factory Service Manual also states the lug nut size to be 22 mm. The owner's manual does not, as it's expecting you to use the lug wrench that's located with the compact spare.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts