Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

It's my first post here...Anyone from Iowa or Cedar Rapids, Iowa? If you have an '05 Ody, where did you buy it? Can you share your buying experience with any local or surrounding dealers?

I will be in the market for an '05 Ody soon and would like to learn from your experience. Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We are from Urbandale, IA and just purchased a 2005 Odyssey EX-L from Holmes Honda in Des Moines. Have you purchased your Ody yet?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there. Wow, it took about three weeks to find an Iowan :hi:

Yes, we bought an EX couple weeks ago in Iowa City. How do you like your van so far? We love ours, especially, the kids!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm from Solon which is between Cedar Rapids and Iowa City. We have a 2000 Odyssey with about 93,000 mi. It has been an excellent vehicle up to December 2004. I got the Check Engine light and I'm struggling to have it go away. Unfortunately I hadn't discovered this website before I started replacing parts.

So far I have replaced catalytic converter and two (front and rear) oxygen sensors. Next up is the EGR valve. I've learned a lot snooping around on this site.

We're thinking about replacing our Odyssey in 2006. Glad tou hear you like yours so far.

·
Registered
3 Posts
leman,

What was your experience with the Honda dealer in Iowa City?

We bought our 2000 in Cedar Rapids. We had a 3 month wait after we ordered. Fortunately we did not have to pay a premium for it. They made me an unhappy customer by throwing in some stupid $50 "documentation fee" when we went to write the check. We went round in circles about our not paying for it since they hadn't mentioned anything about it when we ordered the van. It wound up with me leaving, as I said, an unhappy customer, and telling them I hoped it was worth the miserable $50 to them to get bad publicity.

Unfortunately I work about a mile from the dealership so it is too handy for me.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dwsingko,

It was painless and a pleasure to work with our salesperson. If we need to buy another Honda, we will come back to him.

I didn't like dealing with CR dealer. I contacted the "internet manager", that would give him a clue that we would not be the average buyer...but he tried to do the payment thing and the hot buy blah blah...

You don't happen to be working for RC, do you? It's about a mile away.

It sounds like you're ready for a new Ody. It's a great toy for the entire family.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes indeed I do work at RC. I assume you do too?

I'm glad to hear you had such a good experience at the Honda dealer in Iowa City (or is it Coralville?) I had our Ody serviced there once and also had a good experience.

You didn't mention your salesperson's name. If you can recall it I wouldn't mind working with a referenced salesperson when the time comes.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I'm in Des Moines.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts