Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I'm looking to sell a car soon. Anyone have a template they could share for a sales receipt/sales contract? Also, any tips you have for a seller would be appreciated.

FYI -- I'm going to try to sell to private party first.

Thanks!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hey All,

I'm looking to sell a car soon. Anyone have a template they could share for a sales receipt/sales contract? Also, any tips you have for a seller would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Google (or Bing) "Bill of Sale" You should find numerous templates that way. Also check your state/province DMV - they might have an "approved" one. I was able to get one for a recent private party sale a couple of months ago off of the internet. Just don't pay for one!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hey All,

Thanks!
While some states actually require a Bill of Sale, the "form" for the completion of information represented on a Bill of Sale may actually be on the back of your Title. Such information includes: VIN, year, make, model, odometer reading, date, purchase price, seller/buyer name & address, and signature of seller/buyer. In some states, you can actually complete that information on the back of your Title document and present the Title to the buyer at the time of sale. The buyer then takes the original Title (with that information completed on the back side) to the state's DMV, where the "transfer of Title" takes place and the buyer is then presented with a new Title. Check the law in your state.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts