Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to install a camera or cameras to see the corners of the front fenders on our 2019 Ody EX. Would make it a lot easier to drive forward into a perpendicular parking stall, and also to know when to turn when backing out of the stall.

Has anyone installed camera(s) for that?

·
Registered
251 Posts
be the first one lol...
I want to install forward parking camera, can't get used to this car yet always leaving 3-5 ft LOL

·
Registered
17 Posts
be the first one lol...
I want to install forward parking camera, can't get used to this car yet always leaving 3-5 ft LOL
Lol. I am also having to adjust to the vans small good when it comes to parking. It's easier to back in most of the time. Honestly, there are only a few items that could've convinced me to go up to the elite trim and that was ventilated seats, full led headlights, and 360 camera.

I decided that LED bulbs in the projectors will have to do, and I'll just blast the AC rather than pay the premium. If there was a 360 camera, especially with better resolution, I'm thinking I couldn't really replace that with aftermarket solutions I'd like and I'd spring for the elite.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Would like to install a camera or cameras to see the corners of the front fenders on our 2019 Ody EX. Would make it a lot easier to drive forward into a perpendicular parking stall, and also to know when to turn when backing out of the stall.

Has anyone installed camera(s) for that?
I recommend that you rely less on cameras and more on your driving skill; if you can, taking a session on 'parking 'offered by private companies who train their parking management staff would suffice. Or sign up for parking with your local driver's ed program providers.

The cameras do not provide you with good field of depth and at night, when you need it the most, they will surely let you down. I have learnt to park by reversing in and more comfortable doing that, than pulling forward and parking.

If you really insist, then you would need a camera with less than 100deg of field view, so the proximity is relevant. If you start going into 120deg and above, then the image starts to become 'fisheye' losing the most important aspect that you seek; depth of field.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol. I am also having to adjust to the vans small good when it comes to parking. It's easier to back in most of the time.
Yes, for tight spaces it is easier to back in. But there are some places that have decently wide spaces with wide driving lanes that I can park by going in forward. It's those that I want to be SURE that I won't scrape the other car with my front fender/bumper but yet not have to backup to realign to go forward again. I'm pretty sure that our Ody will clear the other car but don't want to take a chance so I end up backing up to realign.

Then backing out of the space when leaving, it would be nice to know as early as possible when I can start turning the steering wheel.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Something like this.. since we have android HUs and those are installed in 2016 Civics, pretty sure someone already "hacked" it to show video inputs, in that case it should be easy to add cameras, I wish Honda had proper 360 parking view

1 - 8 of 8 Posts