Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up the Super Elite last weekend, and after having a heck of a time getting the cover back on the seat (long story), I installed it in my 2001 Odyssey EX, outboard (behind the driver's seat). It doesn't look right to me......I followed all the directions, but the anchor point of the seat belt looks low, and seems like it'll slip off the edge of the car seat. Is that normal? I'm going to try to find a CPS tech locally to check the seat, but wanted to see if I can get some input here.

Thank you!

------------------
~Angela~
'01 MB EX

-cassette
-mud guards
-cargo mat
-cargo tray

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sorry I'm no help, but may I ask where you found the Super Elite? The online stores I checked out all say it will be available Spring/June 2002.

Thanks!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by OddGrinch:
Sorry I'm no help, but may I ask where you found the Super Elite? The online stores I checked out all say it will be available Spring/June 2002.

Thanks!

</font>

I had placed my name on SEVERAL (about 10) waiting lists, and finally got a call from a local store (NH). I'd recommend, going to the website: http://www.childseat.com click on "WHERE CAN I PURCHASE", and get all the stores in your local area, and ask to be put on their waiting lists, then expand your search out from there.

Good luck!!

------------------
~Angela~
'01 MB EX

-cassette
-mud guards
-cargo mat
-cargo tray

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Sorry, Angela-

I haven't even seen an SE in person yet. Wish I could help you on this one. The Odyssey anchors are assymetric, and some carseat manuals do recommend against installation with that type of seatbelt system. I don't know if that applies to the SE or not. If not, I'd say it is probably OK as long as it's tethered and meets the 1-inch side-to-side and front-to-back rule. If you have a digital camera, maybe you could post a quick snapshot:)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by caviller:
Sorry, Angela-

I haven't even seen an SE in person yet. Wish I could help you on this one. The Odyssey anchors are assymetric, and some carseat manuals do recommend against installation with that type of seatbelt system. I don't know if that applies to the SE or not. If not, I'd say it is probably OK as long as it's tethered and meets the 1-inch side-to-side and front-to-back rule. If you have a digital camera, maybe you could post a quick snapshot:)
</font>
Grrrrrr......I just typed out a long response, and it got lost! Here I go again....

OOoooooooh, what a great idea! It's raining, and pretty late right now, so I'll probably take some pictures tomorrow. I REEEALLY hope it's not incompatible, 'cause I've waited MONTHS for this seat!

I tethered the seat, and it's a really tight fit.. it doesn't even budge. But, that seatbelt just doesn't look right. I hope they come up w/the retrofit LATCH kit soon for this seat, as that will solve my problem
DS is in the Expressway, which has the LATCH, and aside from the HUGS being a PIA, the installation, etc is PERFECT! (BTW, Britax is sending me a new 'longer' HUGS harness, to hopefully solve the difficutly we're having)---and that's a whole other story! LOL

Thanks again! I'll post the pictures as soon as I can. BTW, the Super Elite IS HUUUUGE! WHOA! *I* fit in it comfortably, so DD, who is about 40# has plenty of growing room

~Angela

[This message has been edited by odymomof2 (edited 02-20-2002).]

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Great, thanks! I'd also post your photos at the Carseat forum on PP. Lot's more experts there who have real experience with the SE!

Sounds like it's OK it it isn't moving:)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great, thanks! I'd also post your photos at the Carseat forum on PP. Lot's more experts there who have real experience with the SE!

Sounds like it's OK it it isn't moving:)

</font>

Ta Da! Here it is!!

http://www.picturetrail.com/angelas2kids/506842

Thanks for the advice, I also posted on the PP board, but wanted to show you what I meant

Thank you!!

~Angela

·
Registered
616 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by odymomof2:
I picked up the Super Elite last weekend,
</font>
Wow Britax finally released the Super Elite. We had been consider it for over a year. But we finally went with something else (Teddy Bear Booster).

I am even more curious to actually see an elite now, given how big you say it is.

BrianB

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BrianB:

I am even more curious to actually see an elite now, given how big you say it is.

BrianB

</font>
Brian,

Good luck finding one! I had placed my name on many waiting lists, and until I actually went in to pay for it, I hadn't seen it in person. None of the stores within a 100+ mile radius around me, had one to display.

What really drew me to the seat, was that it's the only seat that can be used as a harness up to 80#! (for my petite DD, that may be till she's a teen LOL).

Here are the dimensions:
Product Dimensions: 22”W X 30.25”H X 22.5”D
Seating surface to top-most slot: 21”H
Seating surface to top of shell: 29”H
Product Weight: 23.2 lbs.

It's a really nice seat, and easy to use. DD, who's 5, LOVES it!

~Angela

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hehe-

I KNEW Peggy would have a good answer for you:) Hope it worked!
</font>
Yes, Peggy is awesome!
It worked great! I just finished installing the Expressway w/the new HUGS, and the Super Elite w/the belt path the RIGHT way, both tethered! It took about 20 mins to get them both in, by myself, but that's including vacuuming out the crumbs under the seats

Here are the pictures of them:
http://www.picturetrail.com/angelas2kids/506842

Thanks again!

BTW, I'm still waiting for an answer on the PP board under roll call

~Angela

[This message has been edited by odymomof2 (edited 02-22-2002).]

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by odymomof2:

BTW, I'm still waiting for an answer on the PP board under roll call

~Angela