Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get our first Odyssey and I'm trying to understand how the accessories work. It looks like everything is pretty much dealer installed.

Has anyone gotten the 'Welcome Light' or 'Logo Pattern Light'? Any feedback on either? Thanks.

·
Registered
2020 Elite | Platinum White Pearl | J35Y6
630 Posts
Looking to get our first Odyssey and I'm trying to understand how the accessories work. It looks like everything is pretty much dealer installed.

Has anyone gotten the 'Welcome Light' or 'Logo Pattern Light'? Any feedback on either? Thanks.
Are you referring to the Logo Pattern Projector light on the door that beams down on the ground to show "Odyssey."? Part # 08V27-THR-100 .... If so, that's a good add on to get installed at the dealership. The installation is a bit tedious as you have to remove the entire inside door panel. If you're up for doing it yourself, you can always buy it afterwards and save a bit of money on that part buying it elsewhere, unless they can give you a good deal on it...

The installation isn't very hard and it may be a fun little project, but it's just one of those things where it'd be easier to just have them do it if the price is right.

The unit itself that projects the light is just a little box that beams a light onto the ground when you open up the doors... It would be neat if this was already built into our mirrors (instead of the doors itself) like some other cars.

If you're wanting this to help with lightening up the ground area at night, you'd be better of just replacing your interior door lights with LED's that would provide much more illumination than the logo projectors.

Which Ody are you going for?

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
Are you referring to the Logo Pattern Projector light on the door that beams down on the ground to show "Odyssey."? Part # 08V27-THR-100 ...
Where did you find this part number? I can't locate it, is there any diagram? I want to see if I can retrofit it onto my 2017 van...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you referring to the Logo Pattern Projector light on the door that beams down on the ground
Yes! That is one of the accessories I was wondering about:

It sounds like a job I could handle, but if the dealer gives it to me list without labor I'm probably saving myself some pain. It seems somewhat redundant with the Welcome Light though.

The other accessory I was asking about was the Welcome Light. Unfortunately I don't have a part number, but the picture and description make it look like another kind of puddle light:
"The Welcome Light illuminates when your Odyssey is unlocked with a key fob or a door is opened to provide a luxurious, upscale appearance."

Which Ody are you going for?
I'm looking to get a 2021 Elite. The low-speed follow on the 2021 seems like just what we will need in LA traffic on a trip to Disneyland. Its also a vehicle we expect to drive into the ground...

·
Registered
630 Posts
Yes! That is one of the accessories I was wondering about:
View attachment 156969
It sounds like a job I could handle, but if the dealer gives it to me list without labor I'm probably saving myself some pain. It seems somewhat redundant with the Welcome Light though.

The other accessory I was asking about was the Welcome Light. Unfortunately I don't have a part number, but the picture and description make it look like another kind of puddle light:
"The Welcome Light illuminates when your Odyssey is unlocked with a key fob or a door is opened to provide a luxurious, upscale appearance."

View attachment 156970

I'm looking to get a 2021 Elite. The low-speed follow on the 2021 seems like just what we will need in LA traffic on a trip to Disneyland. Its also a vehicle we expect to drive into the ground...
Sounds good. If you can work those in with the deal I'd go for it to skip having to install them. I'm curious now what aftermarket options are available... there are a ton of universal LED kits so it shouldn't be too hard to rig up for likely a lot cheaper and with more LED color options. (y)

·
Registered
2020 EX-L White Pearl; 2009 EX-L NAV+RES Blue Metal
17 Posts
I know this is not genuine, but may be fun thing to do:

Question is how is this installation different from honda accessories & dealer installation?

·
Registered
630 Posts

Question is how is this installation different from honda accessories & dealer installation?
I have that on order lol. It's a much better option many times over than the OEM kit, because it's literally plug in and play, all the while it likely providing just as much if not more illumination. Overall, it is a much better implementation than the stock OEM one where you have to tear out the whole door panel etc... I'd say go for it.

·
Registered
5,983 Posts

Those ebay ones do not last, they fade after some months. The LEDs get real hot and something just quit working. That's why I am interested in the OEM kit.

·
Registered
630 Posts

Well so far so good. The added touch out weighs any short comings...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts