Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today at my local Honda Dealer they were offering me "Simmonize", which is suppossed to be some clear coat of some sort that Honda suppossedly applies on the entire vehicle (Interior and Exterior) to protect the car for about 5 years

Cost $500.00 BUCKS (Expensive isn't it?)

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
It's hype (dealer profit!) and doesn't protect the car.

·
Registered
207 Posts
A similar (if not identical) process was used on my Ford conversion van; some sort of clear coat paint protection with teflon. The thing started out in 1995 as your basic black. A little more than 5 years later, at trade-in time, it was your basic dark grey.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I knew this "Simmonize" stuff was nothing but profit for the dealer. Well I'm glad I told them to take it out of the invoice from the very beginning.

------------------
Will N.
New Jersey "The Garden State"

·
Registered
596 Posts
Snake oil is very expensive,these days. I guess it is hard to get folks to go out and gather the snakes, let alone squeeze the oil out of 'em, Hee! Hee!

Jerry O.

------------------
2001 Odyssey GG LX

·
Registered
129 Posts
Simonize, if I recall correctly is simply a brand of car wax. I think I Simonized one of my cars a long time ago!

I used to see it on the auto part shelves all the time. I'm not sure if they still sell it, as I don't usually look for that product.

I remember the commercials on TV, too!!

------------------
Nelson
2001 Odyssey LX - Silver
2001 Civic EX Sedan - Silver
1990 Mustang LX Coupe - Titanium
http://fiveoh.homestead.com/main.html

·
Registered
192 Posts
soFla is correct. This is an old product... didn't realize they were still around! Total hype. This is the "standard" undercoating/paint protection farce.

Honda's engineers couldn't find a product to support the warranty on the paint, but a small company out of Bluff Point Idaho has the solution.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts