Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just want to see because I am still hesitant considering more problems may occur after.

Had a recall done on my power steering pump which was totally fine but ended up with a significantly noisy pump when the dealer replaced it under warranty. It eventually got replaced again but it was a hassle to include having Honda of America involved. Or in other words, a lot of my time were wasted.

I'm sure that most if not all have not received any notices anyways.

I believe this applies to ALL 2005-2010 models.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I received my recall notice in the mail about 6 weeks ago. I also am waiting on feedback from others who have had the recall performed prior to taking our 06 into the dealer.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Recall done 2 weeks ago. No problems.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
The cover that gets replaced is actually the fuel filter, so I'd bring it in! Either they look, see no leaks, and button everything back up unmolested, or they see a leak and replace the fuel filter (the cover you see is the top of the fuel filter housing - the pump lives in sort of a pod that connects onto the filter housing). We haven't brought ours in, but I replaced the filter shortly before the recall came about, so I need to send in the receipt for the part.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Had mine done last week when I brought my Ody to my dealer for its scheduled maintenance. They opened my record and saw that the recall hasn't been done. Authorized the recall fix which like what others have said has nothing to do with the fuel pump itself, just the covers. No impact whatsoever on the performance even until now.

I'd say just get it done and be over with it.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Recall is to replace cover and gasket. Nothing else chief.
Here's a thought - why not look at the actual parts being replaced before trying to correct someone. Here's a clue for you - there is no cover. When you look at the "cover" what you are looking at is the top of the fuel filter assembly. It doesn't come apart without destroying it. The filter set comes with a new gasket and retaining ring. You remove the old one, disconnect the fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, etc. from it, transfer them over to the new one, then re-install. The FILTER SET is what is replaced. There is no separate "cover" to be replaced. There is the coarse filter (the sock) down by the fuel pump, but that stays with the pump.

So yes, the fuel filter is replaced, not some imaginary cover.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
It's only the cover, nothing to do with the fuel pump
Yeah, it's just for the filter cover. Did you get yours replaced yet? I don't think I'm going to bother with it. Everytime I take the van into the dealer they scratch the paint, damage something or don't put things back together right. They just do a butcher job everytime.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
no, it's not. There is no "cover" - the part sticking out of the tank is the top of the fuel filter assembly.

Why not read the repair procedure - it's posted here.
http://www.urvi.net/forumfiles/SB/A14-032.PDF
Here is the recall I got...I don't have a scanner so here it is.

VIN: 5FNxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Campaign: L99
June 2014

Dear Honda Odyssey Owner:

In accordance with the requirements of the Canadian Motor Vehicle Safety act (CMVSA), Honda is sending this letter to notify you of a Safety recall that applies to your vehicle.

Honda Canada has determined that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain 2005-2010 model year Honda Odyssey vehicles. Please check that the 17-digit Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) at the top of this letter matches the 17-digit VIN on the upper left of your vehicle's dashboard.

What is the problem?

Prolonged exposure to acidic chemicals and high temperatures may cause the cover on top of the fuel filter to deteriorate prematurely. Cracks in the fuel filter cover could lead to a fuel leak, increasing the risk of a fire starting in the vicinity of the fuel filter.

What should you do?

Contact your Honda dealer to schedule an appointment to have your vehicle repaired as soon as possible. This will also allow your dealer to give you an idea of how long they will require your vehicle - usually less than a day. The dealer will re[place the fuel filter assembly with an updated part free of charge.

In order to access the fuel filter assembly, the second row seats will be temporarily removed and the third row folded down during the repair. You can facilitate the repair process by removing unnecessary items from the vehicle before the repair.

Who to contact if you experience problems?

If you need assistance with locating ........

Sincerely,
Dave Gardner
Vice President, Sales & Marketing

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Prolonged exposure to acidic chemicals and high temperatures may cause the cover on top of the fuel filter to deteriorate prematurely. Cracks in the fuel filter cover could lead to a fuel leak, increasing the risk of a fire starting in the vicinity of the fuel filter.
Exactly - the top of the fuel filter housing cracks, so you have to replace the filter set. There is no cover to replace - you replace the filter set (the fuel filter assembly mentioned in your note) which is a sealed unit that has a wiring harness, fuel line connection, etc.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Had an issue after having it replaced by the dealer about a week ago. Car stalled and sputtered to a halt after my wife drove it, just down the street from our house. Long story short, and after having it towed to the dealer, found out that after buttoning it all up, they somehow messed up the float to correctly indicate how much gas was in the car. They found out the hard way too. They drove it about to try and recreate the issue and they had to have it towed back too. They fixed it at no charge, but it cost me two days with shuttling kids and spouse everywhere and $80 in towing expense they did not offer to pay for. Glad it wasn't worse though.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts