Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been searching for 2 days to find the best price for the rear motor mount for my 2007 Odyssey Touring. Does anyone know where to find the cheapest price on one? So far the lowest price I have found is $400.00 just for the part. I plan on putting it on myself, but would like to find it cheaper!! Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, it is the #7 part 50810-SHJ-A62 I did see that post regarding the TSB, however, our service dept here is less than desireable to deal with. We put this part on our 05 a couple years ago, so I figured we could do it AGAIN on our 07! I was just hoping to find a better price on it if anyone knew of a place. Thanks!

·
Registered
35 Posts
^ I'm with him, My 06 is out of warranty, by miles...

How do you think I can go about getting it repaired. I would think the only solution is to replace it on my own as well. Could I print the TSB and show the dealer, and ask if the could do it under goodwill?

NTC, did you happen to find a better price on this part?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually I'm a woman, probably hard to believe, huh? I can't stand not knowing or figuring out my own stuff! You want to see disrespect, send a woman into a service dept at a dealership! Disasterous!!! LOL. I've spent the better part of the day trying to find a good deal on this part and I suppose the best I have found is at: yourhondaparts.com. And I would definitely do it yourself if you are at all handy under a hood! I did the one on my 05 a little time consuming but well worth to know that I put it back right and did not create further problems!! Best of luck and tear into it!!

·
Registered
613 Posts
Mine would vibrate the steering wheel a fair amount under load especially from a stop, or braking against the engine (testing). The part is expensive, true. Good for you fixing yourself. I managed to get mine replaced with about 1000 miles left in warranty. But they did offer to give me some "charity" discount on the operation, as the stealer spent a good deal of time trying to convince me that it was not covered under warranty until I finally dug up the proof and they relented (search on dealer stories). So you may get a discount, but it will be on total bill not just the part, and you'll be better off financially if you can do it yourself. Hope you have some good tools its not terrible but its for everyone based on my look at it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The dealer just replaced mine at 47,000mi under warranty...you may want to check with your local dealer if you haven't already.

07EXLREN

·
Registered
35 Posts
cool, thanks for the replies, I think I will tackle this job myself. I'm pretty good at turning wrenches...

Just trying to find the cheapest. Or Aftermarket mounts. Maybe aftermarket might be better, being OEM needs to be replaced before 50K.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We just had our rear motor mount replaced at a shop along with a bad #5coil and plug that had be damaged by the mm for $750. Ouch! Resulting from a little secret the previous owner failed to mention about the "little fender bender" he was in. It also was later we found a receipt from the auto body shop for $11,000. My wife and I laugh about it now because it has been a great van. When you get it done post how it went i am interested in how you did it.

·
Registered
318 Posts
you are referring to the motor mount closest to the firewall (rear motor mount). Be specific when you are asking about this part because they have difference between EX-L and EX.

Autohausaz.com has them in stock for less than $500. (EX-L spec)

Mine needs replacement but I'm out of warranty due to mileage.
The best way to work on this engine mount is to have them on lift so you
can maneuver yourself easily. I tried putting the van on jackstands at the
highest setting but still very hard to get to that darn mount. You also need to
lift and ease tension by jacking the engine just a tad so you can release the
bolts on all sides and slide the mount.

Bottomline, I'm not even going to try to replace that myself. Too dangerous.
I'll let the professionals handle this one. For those in the Bay area,
Hayward Honda quoted me $785 and I think I'll bite that. Don't go to Autowest Fremont, they quoted me $918.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I have been searching for 2 days to find the best price for the rear motor mount for my 2007 Odyssey Touring. Does anyone know where to find the cheapest price on one? So far the lowest price I have found is $400.00 just for the part. I plan on putting it on myself, but would like to find it cheaper!! Thanks a bunch!
SanLeandro Honda. You will have to call/email them for a price.

San Leandro Honda Auto Repair & Service Shop | Honda Service Bay Area | San Leandro Honda

Majestic Honda. $380

Honda Automotive Parts

I have used both with great success and good, fast service.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts