Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. I have a 2006 Ody EX-L w/ Nav and RES. I am getting an engine light code of P0451 and P1454 - Evaporative Emission Control System Pressure Sensor Range/Performance and Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor.

I cannot find any information regarding where the FTP sensor is located (except possibly above the gas tank, but I still cannot eye it). Does anyone know where else I can look to find this and troubleshoot?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just wanted to add - I replaced the gas cap twice already. The code has been there for 3 months or so.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I went to the garage to grap my manual, so I could tell you. When I went out there, my lights were flashing on and off. I think I may have a relay problem. Regardless, I found the location. Its underneath, but closer to the drivers footwell (on the outside next to the evap canister. If you PM me your email, I'll email you pics.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok. Thanks to mwmcginn I was able to locate and replace this sensor. It was infact defective and apparently there is a part bulletin regarding this ftp sensor. Anyways, if you are looking for it: It is located under the driver's seat under the car. You have to remove the cover plate (or shroud) with 4 or 5 screws to access the whole evap bundle. I think the "canister" and other parts related to it are contained in this bundle. This bundle needs to be removed as well with again 4 or 5 screws (btw they are 10mm socket screws). The FTP sensor is on the top of that whole bundle. It reads "Sensor, vent pressure". Remove the grey plastic lock clip and small tube and pull really hard to release it from the seated located. Its kind of hard because of the oring. I paid $90 after tax at the Honda dealership because O'reilly and Autozone do not carry this part yet. Easy fix and only took about 20 min - ofcourse after a few hours of looking for it until mwmcginn helped me out. Thanks mwmcginn. Way to come through!:)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a 2005 Odyssey and I have a smell of gas every time i put gas in the car and I have a code for a few items in the car one of them is 455 evap system, i replace it all but I did not replace the gas tank pressure sensor and I got a code of P0420 and a code of P0457 it also states that check fuel cap I replace it 4 times and it still does the same thing I replace the cat o2 sensor and that code went away code P0420. can some one let me know were is the gas tank pressure sensor located on 05 odyssey please I want to take care of this problem asap. thank you

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm having the same problem on a 2005 odyssey and i replace the evap canister and a few other stuff and including 4 gas caps but i still get the engine lite on but i smell gas and there is no pressure in the gas tank when i fill up

·
Registered
12 Posts
Do you only smell the gas only if you fill the tank to the full or is it all the time? I will try to post a link to a diagram.

yes i smell gass when i fill up and when i get home when the car is off i went to honda and they want 120. for a diagnose the problem but my friend that work for another dealer shop told me if i dont have pressure when i open the gas tank it could be the gas tank pressure sensor

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
You could use a spray bottle with soapy water to find the leak. You can buy the item aftermarket, but be sure you are getting a high quality product. Have you tried to smell where it is coming from or the soapy water technique. Let me know. When filling up the tank does the gas go in normally? Or does it take forever to fill up the gas tank? When you smell gas go underneath with a flash-light see if you can spot wet gas underneath. Let me know.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Forgot to mention be sure that you have the gas cap fully closed & the tank to build pressure before spraying with soapy water. Also check for broken clamps or rusted ones. Check for anything unusual on the fuel tank. Let me know.

·
Registered
836 Posts
thank you i did that and i did check all the lines and clamps when i lifted the car when i replace the evap canister
and your problem started before or after you replaced the evap canister?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts