Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the Spec. for the EX and the LX. Everything looks correct except when it come to Vehicle hight. the EX is about 1" taller then the LX with the same tire size. Does anyone know why? I am getting my EX today @MSRP in CA.
Thanks
Robert.

·
Registered
88 Posts
BTW: Does the stated WIDTH of the Van include the side mirrors? If not, it's gonna be a tight squeeze in the garage. JEFF

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am pretty sure that they don't count the roof rack as the final hight. Plus the Roof rack is about 2-3" high. Oh well...I got my EX yesterday. It looks great.

·
1,484 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by robbio11:
I am pretty sure that they don't count the roof rack as the final hight. Plus the Roof rack is about 2-3" high. Oh well...I got my EX yesterday. It looks great.</font>
Congrats on receiving your new Ody! Welcome to the club.

-nemogira

P.S. My guess is the roof rails too. But does it really matter?

·
Registered
1 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by robbio11:
I was looking at the Spec. for the EX and the LX. Everything looks correct except when it come to Vehicle hight. the EX is about 1" taller then the LX with the same tire size. Does anyone know why? I am getting my EX today @MSRP in CA.
Thanks
Robert.
</font>
The EX sits higher because of the traction control system(TSP), which the LX does not have.

·
Registered
84 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by neutralic:
Originally posted by robbio11:
Thanks
Robert.
</font>
The EX sits higher because of the traction control system(TSP), which the LX does not have.
My LX has the traction control system standard as does all 2001 LX's. I thought it was the roof rails, but as noted... they are taller than one inch. I would think they would count the EX roof rails in the height measurement for clearance purposes. If so, that would mean the LX is slightly taller than an EX sans roof rails ...oh, the humility!! LOL, seriously... if it was the traction control maybe Honda just didn't update all the info, or maybe the Michelin's were having a "tall air day" (grin) over the Firestone's on measurement day? Seems a curiousity now, huh.

Best Regards,
Skybolt

·
Registered
103 Posts
My theory (I will have to check this out now) is that there is some crown to the roof, so that the center is a bit higher than where the rails are mounted near the edge. So the height of the rails less the size of the crown turns out to be 1". Anyone
agree or not?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts