Honda Odyssey Forum banner

241 - 260 of 300 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hey guys! Long time no see... and good grief Joel, you're still pushing it. Good to see!

Dragonboy - don't go HID. Do a projector retrofit. Much better light output and none of the bleed glare that you'll get with HID.

Nothing much happening with my Ody...although I have to replace the suspension (180k and potholes don't mesh well) so I guess I'm going to go Quick Strut + H&R springs...swap the springs onto the quick strut setup (that way I get all the perches and strut mounts etc) and then swap the new suspension in. $500 + my free labor sound about right?

·
Registered
7,359 Posts
Roger, do you mean don't do a Plug-and-play HID kit, but instead do an HID Projector retro? I think that's what you mean. PnP is illegal and horrible for oncoming cars (I agree). I really do like my HID Bixenon Projector setup in my 2003. One of these days I'll get off my lazy butt and install the second kit into my wife's 2002; I installed Philips Xtreme Vision H4 bulbs, and they're almost as good as the TRS 35W mini-D2S projector kit...hence I'm not in a hurry to fit that HID projector kit! ;)

OF

·
Registered
84 Posts
Day I got it.....

I got it for $3450.oo

I think i stole it at that price.......

You did rob the guy, I was looking for one ex-L for long time and the prices were not good. I decided I was going to get one that needed some body work and the best price I got was 3700 for 02 ex..

·
Registered
84 Posts
1. So far what I did with mines is tent 20% all around on top of factory tent making the back look limo and front 20%. My daughter wanted it darker on the back.

2. I order the stock tv, now i need to get the dvd player and then do whole install

3. I change interior lights to led, but of course had a problem that the mid section back led didnt come the right side so i have to send back 4... I will mod my odyssey wagon I bought it to do it and wanted to mod one for a long time. Problem is some of the stuff I want they only sell in japan..

·
Registered
52 Posts
Sold a set of rims that did not fit on the Ody. The money went towards getting my hood wrapped. I think it's called 4d carbon fiber. Don't really know the difference between 3d and 4d. Anyways, here's the photo.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm not done yet. Going to wrap the roof and then paint the rest of the van. I would've done all in one shot, but you know how it is with kids, mortgage payment, and work. Gotta take baby steps, but once it's all done, it'll look sexy.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm not done yet. Going to wrap the roof and then paint the rest of the van. I would've done all in one shot, but you know how it is with kids, mortgage payment, and work. Gotta take baby steps, but once it's all done, it'll look sexy.
I hear you!
I thought the van looked pretty good as-is... what color are you going to shoot for?

Yesterday I bought new suspension for the ody... didn't get the H&R springs though, not enough money to do that and a road trip. Maybe after. Would have been nice to roll 8-9hrs in a lowered Ody though.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey Roger, not sure on what color paint I want to use. At first I thought of doing it like the Stealth Wagon, but I'm going to do some research first. What kind of suspension did you go with? Is it still stock height? Post some pics.
Are you still participating on SL-I? Kind of a bummer that the Stealth Wagon was being parted out. Well, at least a lot of the parts all went to a member that will have use for them.
Anyways, keep us posted on your progress with the Ody.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I think you should do a color similar to what you have now, but maybe something with a richness to it. Something from the Audi or BMW color palette maybe?

I just went with a quick strut combo from an ebay seller, 4 struts (fronts pre-assembled with new top hats, springs and what not, rears just shocks) and 2 new front sway bar stabilizer links for around $300 shipped. I'll pick up some H&Rs later.

I'm still on SL-i, you should join the Facebook group to keep up with the crew; you were just as impressive building the Stealth Wagon as you are on this Ody. :)

241 - 260 of 300 Posts