Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been on a waiting list since may at a PA Honda dealer. I have been told I am first on the list for a SS ex Ody. THey have gotten SS-L but no EX's. Has anyone taken delivery on a SS EX yet?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lucky Dogs.

I am waiting for the call from my dealer that it has arrived but it is not coming. Do the dealers actually place orders for the Ody's or do they take what comes in?

·
Registered
56 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by wallstreet123456:
Do the dealers actually place orders for the Ody's or do they take what comes in?</font>
My dealer placed actual orders. They were allocated 6 Odyssey's for September, so they took the first 6 people on their list and ordered the exact colors/models they wanted.

------------------
-- Todd

'02 GG Odyssey EX-L

·
Registered
28 Posts
wallstreet123456,
On 9/7, I saw 2 SS (not sure they are EX or LX), 1 SS-EX-L-RES, and 1 GG in PS Honda.
Did you get it at MSRP from PS Honda?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ordered from Burne Honda in PA for msrp-300 and I-VES with sub for 1900 whic saves me more than a total of 500 , dealers in NY would not match the price

·
Registered
28 Posts
I ordered SS-EX-L-RES with MSRP-$100 from PS Honda. The $100 discount is given out if you are member of AAA (or anything similiar). Someone offer me $300 discount in upstate NY (near Albany). I didn't go for that due to the 4+ hours' driving distance.
I heard a lot of people are not buying any new cars after 9/11 incident. Do you think they will lower the price soon?

·
Registered
6 Posts
We are picking up out 2002 SS EX tonight. Even locally, it seems that different dealers have gotten different colors first.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Dealers are given an allocation and it's up to them to place an order for a specific model/color. I'm not saying this is the case for you, but IF the dealer was regreting the deal they made with you, they might prolong ordering the specific model/color you requested to see if you end up going away... Just because you're #1 on their list doesn't necessarily mean that you'll get the very first Ody they get in, unless they do as someone mentioned here and place their orders directly from their waiting list.

·
Registered
61 Posts
We took delivery of our SS EX on 9/13. It was the first '02 Ody delivered by our dealer. Paint is puuuurrrfect! Especially with Zaino! Beautiful car!

·
Registered
45 Posts
My '02 SS-EX isn't being born until the week of 10/14, so until then, I'll live vicariously through those lucky few of you.

Grant

1 - 12 of 12 Posts