Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen the IVES installed? How does it compare to other systems? I like that it fits right in the center dash area since I have a change underneath the front seat.

[This message has been edited by booboy97 (edited 06-17-2001).]

·
Registered
255 Posts
I've only seen a brochure of it, haven't seen an installed system. I considered it very seriously, but wound up going with the Audiovox system mainly because the Audiovox comes with a TV tuner which the i-VES doesn't. (Got the Audiovox system installed by dealer cheaper than what they would've done the Honda system for, also.) I've been happy with the Audiovox (and do enjoy having the TV tuner on board). Only problem is that the VCR mounts under the second-row seat on the driver's side, but I have no plans to remove that seat very often (if at all).

------------------
David
'01 GG EX-NAVI
Classic Soft Trim leather kit; Audiovox entertainment system; Gentex auto dimming compass/temp rear view mirror; splash guards; cargo tray; power door mods; Helm manual; Honda litter bag.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Originally posted by booboy97:
Has anyone seen the IVES installed? How does it compare to other systems?

I have had my EX for two weeks and had the IVES installed. Called around and Best Buy would install a similar system for $1200. I went with the IVES because it is included in the vehicle warranty and extended warranty if you purchase one even though it was a couple hundred dollars more. My last vehicle (GMC Safari) had a tv/vcp and I replaced the vcp several times. The heat, freeze and the dirt from the outside air is very tough on them. I was not worried too much about not having a tuner. The only time you have a decent picture with a tuner is sitting still or around major towns. We do a lot of traveling ( 2 weeks and 3000 miles) and have three young children and the IVES is PRICELESS.

Dean

1 - 3 of 3 Posts