Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious to see if anyone is still using PAX rims and tires on their Touring Odyssey in this forum :unsure:? Also curious to find out if anyone here have actually gotten a "flat" with the PAX tire 馃榾. In my opinion the best looking rim of all generations of Odysseys. It's always nice to see Odysseys with PAX rims and tires out in the wild but they are getting harder and harder to spot out on the roads. Aside from being prohibitively expensive and difficult to replace the tires, what are your thoughts on the PAX tires? Share your stories with PAX!

Registered
2007 Odyssey EX-L
I surf my local Craigslist for fun from time to time, and it looks like most of the Tourings I see have been de-PAXed. The PAX tires (manufactured by Michelin) have actually been discontinued, so dealers might have some leftover stock, but anyone who still has PAX is more or less forced to de-PAX next time they need tires anyway.

Super Moderator
Just curious to see if anyone is still using PAX rims and tires on their Touring Odyssey in this forum :unsure:? Also curious to find out if anyone here have actually gotten a "flat" with the PAX tire 馃榾. In my opinion the best looking rim of all generations of Odysseys. It's always nice to see Odysseys with PAX rims and tires out in the wild but they are getting harder and harder to spot out on the roads. Aside from being prohibitively expensive and difficult to replace the tires, what are your thoughts on the PAX tires? Share your stories with PAX!
There are a couple hundred thousand PAX stories on here. Just search and read on. :D

Registered
I see Odysseys still having PAX tires pretty regularly in my area near Chicago (there are a lot of 3rd generation Odysseys on the road here in general). I once had a leak on one of my tires caused by a nail. Dealer was going to charge something like $75 to repair it and no guarantees it would hold. As I recall I was close to needing new tires anyway so I just got 2 new PAX tires on the front and replaced the other 2 about 6 months later.

I Depaxed 2 years and over 26,000 miles ago with 16" after market wheels and General Altimax RT43 tires and have no regrets, and really wish I would have done it much sooner. I liked the look of the PAX wheels, but everything else pretty much sucked about them, and looks were not enough to offset all the other negatives. I like the look of the my wheels almost as much and much more than the factory wheels on the other trim levels at that time.

20181112_161518.jpg

Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
I see Odysseys still having PAX tires pretty regularly in my area near Chicago (there are a lot of 3rd generation Odysseys on the road here in general). I once had a leak on one of my tires caused by a nail. Dealer was going to charge something like $75 to repair it and no guarantees it would hold. As I recall I was close to needing new tires anyway so I just got 2 new PAX tires on the front and replaced the other 2 about 6 months later.

I Depaxed 2 years and over 26,000 miles ago with 16" after market wheels and General Altimax RT43 tires and have no regrets, and really wish I would have done it much sooner. I liked the look of the PAX wheels, but everything else pretty much sucked about them, and looks were not enough to offset all the other negatives. I like the look of the my wheels almost as much and much more than the factory wheels on the other trim levels at that time.

View attachment 159168
Y'know, now that I think about it, I've seen an Ody like that around here frequently. Same color, same pre-refresh 3rd gen, and it even appears to have the same wheels. Interesting.

Registered
Y'know, now that I think about it, I've seen an Ody like that around here frequently. Same color, same pre-refresh 3rd gen, and it even appears to have the same wheels. Interesting.
I believe it. It seems silver is the most common color this generation and I got the wheels from Discount Tire so it's very possible others like mine are running around. I suppose it could also be mine as I drive down to Texas a couple of times each year to visit family - What area of Texas are you in?

Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
I believe it. It seems silver is the most common color this generation and I got the wheels from Discount Tire so it's very possible others like mine are running around. I suppose it could also be mine as I drive down to Texas a couple of times each year to visit family - What area of Texas are you in?
I'm in the DFW area.

Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
It's likely not me. While I go through the DFW area most trips to Texas, I don't spend much time there.
Yeah, I wasn't expecting it to be.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts