Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Instead of the drain and refill strategy, I just took my '06 EX in for the full flush at 40K (all highway) miles. It seems to me that over time, a periodic full flush won't be much more expensive than the D & R method, and less hassle. No jugs, tubes, disposal, etc. Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
My dealer has a notice on their wall stating that honda does not recommend full transmission flushes. I don't know if that's true or not but I've never been a fan of flushing nor are several expert mechanics that I know. I believe there may be some flush systems that work different than others though. I prefer to stick with what is listed in the book given the history of Honda transmissions.

·
Registered
346 Posts
OP probably means full drain procedure rather than the 3qt per standard drain traditionally done in three segments to continually renew but not fully replace the fluid (unless done in immediate sequence, then it's a replacement). Powerflush is not approved, as you state, but a 100% change using a more benign method is okay. it's okay to replace 100% fluid so long as the method used is approved.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
had my dealer a 100% flush at like 37k

·
Registered
469 Posts
Same here my local Acura and Honda dealers don't do flushes they just drain and fill.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Since the dealer did do it, I am sure it was a Honda approved method. In fact, they have a display on hand showing the color comparison between "fresh", "3 qt drain and fill", and "dirty" fluid.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts