Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just picked up my Thule cargo box, and now I need a set of crossbars. After searching the net I came across the Whispbar from prorack. Anyone using these crossbars?

MORE INFO HERE FROM WHISPBAR
Did you ever install them vtec?

I'm also interested in a set of the Whispbar HD. Anyone using them? I don't know why they couldn't be permanently mounted on the Odyssey, but every website shows they are not compatible. (Actually there is very limited info on permanently mounting all roof rack systems.)

Whispbar was recently bought by Yakima. During this transition I'm finding product information is easier to find on non-.com websites. E.g. .au, .ca, .eu have more info than the US website.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you ever install them vtec?

I'm also interested in a set of the Whispbar HD. Anyone using them? I don't know why they couldn't be permanently mounted on the Odyssey, but every website shows they are not compatible. (Actually there is very limited info on permanently mounting all roof rack systems.)

Whispbar was recently bought by Yakima. During this transition I'm finding product information is easier to find on non-.com websites. E.g. .au, .ca, .eu have more info than the US website.
No I never did, I couldn't find them at a decent price. I just ended up with a set of Thule 450 CROSSROAD RAILING FOOT kit and Thule load bars. So when I need to use my Thule roof box I just slap on the Thule 450 and bars that I have mounted onto the box. It takes me and someone else about 15 mins and I'm off! Its just that easy (once you've done it once or twice)

BTW at $300 it just made no $ense!

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2005 odyssey doesn't have rails but today I went to purchase the whispbar S17 with K303 footpack for my 2005 japanese honda odyssey (NZ market).
The Prorack booklets state that the S17 & K303 will fit MPV oddyseys from 2004 through to 09.

Upon fitting these to the car, I started to note that they wouldn't secure properly. The odyssey door posts have an unusual angle that makes it extremely difficult for the footpacks to grip to and pull against. When tightening the footpack grips they would just start to slide off once getting tight.
I was with a prorack expert who has fitted thousands of roof racks to cars and this had him stumped. We went to the mounting instructions and follwed these precisely to exact mounting measurements and no luck.

I think this is why we're hearing that the odysseys are not compatible with proracks whispbars. In this case, they simply couldn't be mounted. Gutted! Coz the Whispbars are very nice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts