Honda Odyssey Forum banner

121 - 140 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
I saw in an older thread that the Owner's Manual specifically said the Helms manuals were available for the 2014 Ody. So I took a look and sure enough there it was on page 551, in unambiguous language. I can't speak to the '13 and '15 manuals, but any '14 owners who call (I tried today and bailed after 15 minutes on hold) should be sure to mention this.

I'm not a Facebook or Twitter user, but I wonder if hammering Honda on both of these sites might also generate some action on their part.

Dave

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm down for one on the 2015 EXL. Already have the one for my 2004 Element and have never regretted purchasing it. This is a must have item. I understand manufacturers are trying to make cars less and less friendly to work on but people are either going to wrench on their cars or they won't, unfortunately regardless of available manuals. Not having the manual available to those that do like to perform routine maintenance can only hurt the reliability level of the model due to incomplete instruction and thus the hurt the reputation of the brand.

·
Registered
7 Posts
As a side note, a while back I downloaded the service manual in PDF for for my now sold Subaru. It was a subscription similar to what Honda is doing and from the sounds of it is a similar file mess. That particular system limited the number of downloads / day though I was able to get everything for my model just not for all trim levels. It was a pain but at least I had it. I can understand that PDF's are much easier to update for a repair shop / dealer service dept than having to issue a new manual but I would think the organization could be better from what I am hearing. I don't really have a problem with PDF's so long as it doesn't take me a weekend to download, rename, and organize so until then I would still prefer the printed version.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm interested in 2014 EX service manual ...

·
Registered
116 Posts
2015 EXL. I'd like one.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but I don't believe Honda is going to do anything to make a printed factory shop manual available. The 2012 printed shop manual is still available through Helm, Inc. for $150.00.

It may be close enough to the 2013+ models to be of use...at least I thought so when I gave up and just went ahead and bought a 2012 version.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
I would love to get one.:)

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L RES
Go to the Helm, Inc. site and order the 2012 set of Honda Ody Shop Manuals. The cost is $150.00. Hope that works for you.

121 - 140 of 172 Posts