Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kind of a long shot, but do any 2011 Ody owners here have two rear-facing, tethered car seats? If so, where do you have them installed and how is it getting the kids in/out?

I'm torn trying to decide between the 2011 Odyssey vs Sienna. I pretty much love the Ody hands down, except that the Sienna seats slide so far back making it super easy to have two rear-facing, tethered car seats in the second row.

I'm trying to avoid having to go to both sides of the car to buckle in each kid. I live in Seattle and it's not much fun wrangling my screaming toddler into her seat while standing in the rain. I'd prefer to get into the vehicle even if I have to duck down a bit. The only way I think this would work in the Ody is to have one in the second row and the other in the third, probably the middle seat, taking the middle seat in the second row to make a pathway to the back. I'm just not sure what that will be like on a dsaily basis. Right now I only have my one child, but #2 is due in June. Getting my one kid into her seat is a major PITA as is, I'm seriously in fear of how it's going to be with two.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
61 Posts
We have a 5 yr old and 2 month old twins. Turned in my Lexus GS and got a 2011 odyssey touring elite. Very happy so far. My five year old sits in the third row and I have the two rear facing car seats in the middle row next to each other. This leaves space for my 5 year old to get in and out and for my wife to sit in the back with the babies on long trips. I am 6' 1' and have the seat all the way back when I Drive and have no problem fitting the rear facing car seat behind me. I looked at the sienna also, but when I drove the odyssey, It was a very easy decision.
Getting the kids in and out is easy. Even my wife who is considerably smaller than I am has no problem doing it.
good luck and congratulations.

·
Registered
687 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Remove "8th seat," slide passenger side captain's chair over to the middle, then enter ody on passenger side and while you are unbuckling them you will be out of the rain.

And remember, once a child is able to hold their head up on their own you do not need your car seat at a 45degree infant angle. YOu can install the car seat as upright as 30 degrees if you prefer. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Remove "8th seat," slide passenger side captain's chair over to the middle, then enter ody on passenger side and while you are unbuckling them you will be out of the rain.
You cannot move the seat over anymore in the 2011. I don't know why they did away with that feature. It's why I fell in love with the ody in the first place and then we decided to go new which is why I'm now trying to figure out where to place the kids seats.

·
Registered
249 Posts
You cannot move the seat over anymore in the 2011. I don't know why they did away with that feature. It's why I fell in love with the ody in the first place and then we decided to go new which is why I'm now trying to figure out where to place the kids seats.
2011 captain seats slide outward (1.5") towards the doors, while a wider center seat can slide forward to be closer to the parents upfront, and it's now LATCH-able:

2011 Honda Odyssey - Feature Details - Multi-Function Second-Row Center Seat

·
Registered
3 Posts
We have two car seats installed RFing in the second row of our 2011 Odyssey. We have a Britax Advocate behind the passenger seat and an infant seat in the middle, both RF. Very easy and love the flexibility of car seat configuration. Was definitely a big selling point for us. I usually put one child in from each side, but I could reach over the infant seat to secure my toddler in his seat if I wanted to do that. However, my infant is now outgrowing that seat and I need to find a convertible seat that will fit RF beside the Advocate, as I'd prefer to keep him in the middle.
Hope this helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts