Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short. Got the Update Disc and new DVD disk. Installed the update disc until it booted to the Disclaimer screen without the ok. Then inserted the new map disc. It attempts to download the software but always ends at "Please check your disc".

I tried downgrading to the old disc.

The three finger salute didn't do anything. It keeps going into attempting to download software.

Anyone in the SF Bay Area with the 4.92 White NAV DVD that I can try to put into the unit? I want to check to see if it is the disk or the gps head unit is bad.

Please reply or PM me with your contact info. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks....

·
Super Moderator
13,876 Posts
Early 3rd gens used to scratch the disks and render them bad. Check your old disk and new disk for scratches. If there are no scratches, search on here to downgrade your NAV s/w and follow the instructions and reload the s/w from the old disk. If it loads alright, it might be the new disk. If you get similar errors, it might be the NAV unit. With the age of your NAV unit, it might just be the unit having trouble reading disks. I believe there have been a couple of folks with NAV units going bad on 2005/2006 vans now.

Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
13,876 Posts
Seems you already tried the downgrade way (didn't catch the three finger salute part at first). I found the thread where a guy sent in his NAV unit for a repair. It only cost him $158 (if you think of it cheaper than the upgrade for the most part unless you got the disk on sale for $99 :D) and they replaced the DVD drive.

http://www.odyclub.com/forums/11-au...ion/42950-navigation-systems-seems-dying.html

Perhaps sending in your NAV unit is your only hope. For $158 or since that post is 2 - 3 years old, even if its a bit higher, I'd rather do that than get a unit from a salvage oddy as there is no telling how long that'd last. If they replace the drive, you should be good for at least another 5 years. Good luck.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Back to Square One

Finally... After almost two months after initially trying to update 4.13D to 4.92 (and blowing up the GPS unit), the GPS has been "repaired".

BUT! It is still on the original 4.13D.

The repair shop (not the dealer) was not confident the new 4.92 discs would not cause the same issues again.

Re-reading the instructions, there was a Software update disc that said it should be applied to .A, .B, .C and .0 version prior to inserting the actual 4.92 map disc. Wondering if I made the mistake of doing this on my 4.13D and cause the PROM on GPS to be corrupted.

Any advice for upgrading from 4.13D to 4.92?

DV? Anyone?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts