Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my 03 in for a trans service a few months ago and told them to look it over real good. Have a little rear main leak which I knew about but other than that everything was fine, I told them specifically to check the brakes and was told they were at 80%. The van is an 03 with 67k on it so I asked the service manager to see if American Honda would kick in anything towards the rear main.

Two months and three unanswered messages later I get a postcard from them saying that they would give me 10% off the recommended services that I turned down at my last visit that my van needed including:

1. Alignment (after they told me that they were wearing "perfectly")
2. Transmission Service (yes, what I had done)
3. Brake job
4. Coolant flush
5. Struts

This is simply bold face lying. I called my "service rep" and asked him why I was told everything was fine yet received a card telling me it was not. Either the service dept is lying in the bay or lying through the mail. He apologized but could not explain the card.

One month later I get call from the dealership asking if they could schedule a time to have the recommended services performed at a 15% discount on the labor. I let the poor guy have it and explained everything again and asked to speak with the GM who he assured me would be in touch. Never heard from him until today when a salesman called to make me an offer on a trade in towards a new 2011 Odyssey.

Needless to say I will not be back. I know dealerships are in business to make money but this is really beyond the pale. I found a great local independent and will be there exclusively from now on. Very disappointing first dealership experience with Honda.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I suspect that the services listed on the postcard are merely recommended services for a van with that mileage. I doubt it has any correlation to what you were told on your previous visit there. I get mailings from Honda all the time with suggested services. Doesn't mean the van actually needs it. It's just marketing.

As to asking if Honda would kick in anything on the rear main, your van is 8 years old. Why should a manufacturer pay anything for service on something that old?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As to asking if Honda would kick in anything on the rear main, your van is 8 years old. Why should a manufacturer pay anything for service on something that old?

I really do not think Honda will, or is really in anyway obligated, to kick in for it. It is really more of a matter of customer service. If I'm told over and over that they are checking for me and then do nothing then why should I ever go there.

I guess I'm old school but I believe business should be earned. Treat me right and I'm a brand defender.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Just a postcard showing typical maintenance since you are in the database, don't think they sent it only to you! Depending on how bad the leak is, just top off the oil.

·
Administrator
409 Posts
I had the exact same issue with the Dodge dealer I bought my van from. I found another dealer to go to and have nothing but good service so far. I would look for another dealer.

thanks,
Dwayn

1 - 5 of 5 Posts