Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done quite a bit of business with H and A Accessories (over $1400 since I got my Ody)and would like to express my great appreciation for this place, specifically Trevor. HandaAccessories.com has delivered the highest level of services as well as competitive prices. My recent transaction with H and A inclined me to write this note. Thanks Trevor and everyone there at H and A - Keep up the good work.

------------------
'01 Starlight Silver EX
Totally Newbie now, but learning quick.

·
Registered
585 Posts
LOL.

Tomhan is 'mr. funnyman'. Is that the new Honda Odyssey "Thing"?

·
Super Moderator
13,537 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nyvram:
LOL.

Tomhan is 'mr. funnyman'. Is that the new Honda Odyssey "Thing"?
</font>
LOL. Tom seems to miss his truck a LOT!!!

BTW, Trevor treated me very well when I ordered my security system (for an Accord though) from him. He also went out of his way to provide me with an extra LED thingy and also did not charge for it.

Thanks Trevor!!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
I second the motion-the only two places I have bought Honda parts is from Trevor and eBay, and I only use eBay if I can save a significant amount of money. Otherwise, my money is with HandA-their service is just about the best I have experienced from any mail order or online vendor.

·
Registered
342 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by OddyNewbie:
I have done quite a bit of business with H and A Accessories (over $1400 since I got my Ody)and would like to express my great appreciation for this place, specifically Trevor. HandaAccessories.com has delivered the highest level of services as well as competitive prices. My recent transaction with H and A inclined me to write this note. Thanks Trevor and everyone there at H and A - Keep up the good work.
</font>
Amen to that!!

I've done just over 1k worth of business with H and A too and they've been great. One of the main reasons I've done that level of business with them (Trevor) was because of the support I had concerning the first item I ordered from them, the alarm system. I had problems with the installation that turned out to be an installer (me!) with his head up his arse. Trevor was helpful and curteous during the entire process while we figured out what I was doing wrong.

Companies like H and A are rare these days. They are well worth doing business with!

Thanks Trevor!

------------------
Drive Safe,
Steve R.
'01 SS LX
Cargo tray, leather steering wheel, mud guards, alarm, fog lights, transmission cooler, in-dash CD player, Kelton subwoofer, under seat storage tray.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Ditto everything said!!

------------------
Future Owner '02 MB EXL NAV
Current Owner '96 R Dodge GC ES

·
1,484 Posts
We are all VERY lucky to have this great, reliable and most of all helpful service at our finger tips! We are capable of ordering nearly any Honda part or accessory, we have convenient access to installation instructions and they have (arguably) the best prices on Honda stuff anywhere!

But of course most of you already know this.

-Nestor

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
15 Posts
I become very frustrated when I hear all the wonderful things about H&A Accessories, as they do not ship to Alaska, due to the high cost of shipping and broker fees. As far as I know Alaska is still part of the USA. I have lived here 27 years and have yet to pay broker fees!
It doesn't matter what I order I the consumer have always paid for shipping. If a company only ships 2nd day or overnight delivery I have to really want their product, because the cost of shipping is usually prohibitive.
H&A has good prices and I guess from what is said on this forum good service, I wouldn't know.
Sorry I am blowing off steam
LAS

·
Registered
15 Posts
When you ship from the USA to a foreign country you pay a broker fee to someone who does the paperwork to expedite your merchandise through customs.

2000EX CSS
Mastercraft Gracier Grip tires

·
Registered
75 Posts
There aren't broker fees when dealing with Alaska, it is just that the shipping fees are so very high. On the air shipments aside from the weight, UPS also has a formula for calculating the dimensional weight of the package and they use whichever is higher. Hawaiian shipments are the same way.

In some cases people benifit from the fact that some retailers don't know this and only charge the shipping based on the weight of the item which can be a small fraction of what they are really charged by the shipping company. Recently one customer contacted me to let me know that they were able to have an air deflector shipped from one of our competitors to them in Alaska for only about $20, when I checked the dimensional charges it cost that company roughly $80 to ship it. FedX has basically the same rates as UPS. It gets to where a 1" change in package size can mean a $10 or more change in shipping cost, that makes it very easy to either over or undercharge for the shipping.

The other problem we run into is we take quite a bit of pride in standing behind the items we sell. It makes it very cost prohibitive to try to take care of any problems via 2nd day air.

Okay enough rambling from me.... By the way, thanks for all the kind comments! I know we aren't perfect but we do try our best.

-Trevor

[This message has been edited by TAllen (edited 10-14-2001).]

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm a little puzzled by TAllen's explanation.

First of all, the customer pays for shipping, whether it be .35 or $150.00 (which is what it cost me to get a Dell computer shipped to Hawaii).

Second, I would think that the number of people that return orders is very low, and out of the group that return orders (or would even make an order) from Alaska or Hawaii would be insignificant.

I've have come to accept the fact that anything we order from the lower 48 will have extra shipping charges. It's unfortunate that more companies that sell Honda accessories feel that it's an inconvenience to ship to Hawaii (or Alaska).

Even more attaboys for Dalts Honda (Toronto) and BC Imports for their willingness to take my hard earned money!!

02 SS LX

·
Registered
127 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TAllen:
There aren't broker fees when dealing with Alaska, it is just that the shipping fees are so very high. On the air shipments aside from the weight, UPS also has a formula for calculating the dimensional weight of the package and they use whichever is higher. Hawaiian shipments are the same way.
(snip)
</font>
Trevor,

You might want to consider Priority Mail for your potential Alaska and HAwaii customers-it costs the same as a shipment in the USA, and you have the advantage of adding insurance and tracking options to the package. I have been selling and trading LP records for the last 5-6 years, and I have had excellent experiences with USPS in sending stuff to all 50 states and many foreign countries-in fact, of around 1000 packages I have sent, I experienced zero lost or damaged packages. Parcel post air and surface mail shipments to Canada are particularly easy-the shipping costs are frequently lower than shipping within the US, and there are no hidden fees at either end (the receiver still has to pay duties per the rules of whatever country yoiu are shipping to. I had so many damaged and lost packages thru UPS that I stopped using them for anything except very heavy and/or large boxes, since the cost for smaller packages was so close. I'd be happy to help you (or anyone else) with any questions you might have on the subject-I am now on a first-name basis with my local post office, and I have actually helped their employees with some of the more obscure shipping options and rules.

------------------
2001 EX
iVES
Infinity 652s/452s/105ts
Honda Wood Dash
Wheel Locks
Cargo Tray
Cargo Mat
Cargo Cover
Roof Rails
Cassette Player
Heartland console
Foglights
Tranny Cooler

Coming up: In dash 6 CD Changer
Glove Box Light
Kelton Sub
Honda wood/leather steering wheel

·
Registered
15 Posts
Odyfox
I already (without success) tried to get H&A to ship me an order through USPS or even Fed Ex ground. My husband owns a retail business, 99% of what he has shipped to AK comes via Fed Ex Ground or USPS. Both can be insured and tracked. I just spent $20.00 in shipping (USPS, insured, delivery confirmation) to return part of an order that was wrong. I paid the shipping to AK and also the return shipping fees.
I have had companies that only ship UPS send my orders USPS air mail. When they get enought requests for USPS shipping they'll ship the orders out (someone has to go to the post office and stand in line). I appreciate the service and you can bet I will order from them again.
My husband worked for UPS for many years, so I am familiar with DIM weight and the cost of shipping.
The bottom line for me is that I the consumer always pay the shipping cost.
I'm done talking about this subject.
LAS
Hawaiiody it also cost me $150.00 to ship my Dell computer to AK

------------------

1 - 15 of 15 Posts