Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How's everyone dealing with the below zero temps and -30/40 wind chills? It really doesn't bother me much since I like winter(although the wind I could definitely do without).

Both of my vehicles have fairly new batteries with very high CCA's (cold cranking amps), and both have synthetic oil so no worries there.

The worst part will be when the heating bill arrives...

Hey, at least there's no mosquitos this time of year, right? :)

·
Premium Member
14,606 Posts
WI06EX said:
How's everyone dealing with the below zero temps and -30/40 wind chills? It really doesn't bother me much since I like winter(although the wind I could definitely do without).

Both of my vehicles have fairly new batteries with very high CCA's (cold cranking amps), and both have synthetic oil so no worries there.

The worst part will be when the heating bill arrives...

Hey, at least there's no mosquitos this time of year, right? :)
We're forecasted with 60 hours of sub zero temps. Ody cranks well with new battery as of summer. Runs fine too. Gas bill for our twin furnaced/double AC 2 story 20's era brick house was a bit lower compared to the highs a few yrs. ago at $220 for the month of Dec. Though I expect it might be as high as ~$300 for Jan.

Harsh temps, potholes, "real" heating and "AC" bills are a reality for Chicagoans....

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
Just started this chilly weather here on the east coast of Canada. Looks like -30 C (-24 F) for the lows this weekend. Normal lows are -16 C (3 F). Frozen boogers for everyone! :stupid:

·
Registered
29 Posts
-15 this morning and the Ody fired right up, it did make some wired noises for a minute, but with 243,000 miles I think it has a right to. The battery is a Honda battery, installed in 2002 with 91,036 miles.

I know I am pushing my luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts