Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm picking up my EXL RES TW on New Year's. I'm soooo excited.

I wanted to purchase some DVD's for Christmas. I don't own a DVD in my home, so I don't know much about them. I see that I have choices of format when ordering. There is Widescreen and Full Frame. Which do I want?

·
Registered
60 Posts
You will only have that choice on some features. Some DVD's will come with both formats and others will only be in one format. In general, with letterbox (widescreen) you are seeing the film the way it was designed to be seen unless it is an older film that was originally filmed in the 4:3 format.

I don't know if the Ody's factory DVD screen is letterbox, but even if it is you will have to deal with some black bands along the top and bottom of the screen when watching very wide screen formats like 2.35:1. Some people have a problem with the black bands, but most realize that letterbox is a much better way to watch a movie.

Scott

·
Registered
131 Posts
the screen in the Ody is definatly a wide screen or I believe it is reffered to as 16:9 ratio also.

------------------
2002 EXL-RES Redrock Pearl

2001 Chevy 2500HD crewcab 4x4

·
Registered
564 Posts
IF you have the choice - WIDESCREEN. Soon, we'll all have 16x9 sets at home, and you already have one in the van!

As pointed out earlier, most disks are coming with both versions (sometimes you play the correct side, sometimes it is a menu choice).

------------------
-= Darell =-
2001 Civic EX (ULEV)- currently the BIG car.
1997 EV1 (ZEV) - "This is NOT your father's golf cart"

·
Registered
174 Posts
I've got the IVES system in my Ody. It lets you play tapes in "normal" mode or wide screen (wide screen stretches the picture a bit to fill).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts