Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a feeling that they may try to get as much as they can out of my pocket(Which is their job). I will haggle with them as much as possible on their interest rates.
They will hate to lose a customer over some silly APR.
Any advise?

------------------
Will N.
New Jersey "The Garden State"

·
Registered
211 Posts
They are negotiable, but the bottom line depends on your credit rating. We got 5.6% from Honda, which was better than my credit union could do. They usually won't quote a rate until they run your credit, but they do have flexibility.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yes they are negotiable. To start with they have a basic rate, and a lower "preferred rate". It all depends on how many points you have based on your credit rating. 700 or above should qualify you for the "preferred rate". I am just familiar with these two levels. Who knows they may have "Super preferred rate" as well

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ody-ranger:
I have a feeling that they may try to get as much as they can out of my pocket(Which is their job). I will haggle with them as much as possible on their interest rates.
They will hate to lose a customer over some silly APR.
Any advise?

</font>

------------------
TW EX 02 Fog S-Guards (looking for interesting mods)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here's the scenario we went through -- we obtained low financing from e-Loan (6.05% in early November). When it came time to finalize the deal, the Honda dealer agreed to match the rate (which was much lower than what they originally offered), explaining that they don't like dealing with the internet loan companies, since they don't get their money up front - like they would if you went through a normal bank.

·
Registered
197 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TWEX02:
Yes they are negotiable. To start with they have a basic rate, and a lower "preferred rate". It all depends on how many points you have based on your credit rating. 700 or above should qualify you for the "preferred rate". I am just familiar with these two levels. Who knows they may have "Super preferred rate" as well

</font>
Cool, that puts me in the preferred category.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I had a similar situation to Thinking (posted above).

They beat my e-loan deal by .3% once they found my Beacon score to be 810. I actually used cash from my Home Equity loan for part of it and the standard loan for the balance. Since my HEL is pegged at prime and is tax deductible, it is working out quite nicely!!

------------------
2002 MB EXL NAV
Cargo Tray, iVES, Zaino, Poron Reverse Sensors, Door Edge Guards, Pioneer 1695's (all around), Fogs, & more ZAINO!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts