Honda Odyssey Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to hook up my mp3 player (Sansa) to the USB and it said "Unrecognized". Has anyone had any success with using a non-iPod mp3 player in the 2011? Hate to have to buy a new mp3 just to use in the car when we already have a perfectly good one.

TIA,
KG

·
Registered
16 Posts
I bought a 16gb usb drive for $20 and use that in place of an mp3 player. That way I don't have to open up the glovebox and plug in my iphone or mp3 player every time. It works great, the only down side is that the songs appear on the MID in the order you load them onto the drive and it takes up to 8 minutes to get the albums that were loaded last. I make a lot of short trips so sometimes I get to where I'm going before all of the music is available.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought about that but I primarily do short drives too so I think that would be frustrating. Especially if things cannot be reordered. Thanks!

·
Registered
687 Posts
I believe the Odyssey's audio system only supports Apple iPods/iPhones and USB flash memory sticks through the USB connector in the glove box. All other audio devices that use their own proprietary file and menu system will not be recognized by the audio system. In those cases, you will need connect your audio device to the AUX input using a cable from the headphone/lineout jack.

:)

·
Administrator
14,510 Posts
Ok. I am tired of moving threads to appropriate forums again. So.

Quesion on the audio system = search first, if answer not found, go to Audio forum and post there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.