Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed in all the threads that most of the Honda dealers are terrible at fixing things ore do a really poor job or don't even fix whatever the issue is. They are constantly trying to get out of fixing items under warranty. In my experience I have gone in several times and had to argue with them all the way up to the manager level to get them to fix recall items. It is ridiculous. Let's find out where the good dealers are. Post up good dealers with good service departments that actually pretend to put the customer satisfaction as a top priority.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Odyssey EX-L, Platinum White Pearl on Mocha Brown Leather
1,436 Posts
There are hundreds of great dealers out there. Then there are a few that suck. People have thousands and thousands great interactions everyday with numerous dealers and have their issues fixed well. Then there are some that don't. Guess which ones are complaining about it on forums, Facebook groups, and any other platform they can find?

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I have to admit I have no beef with any of the three I use in two states I live. Once they even took care of a number of updates I was not aware of.
My three:
Inver Grove Honda, Inver Grove, MN
Right Honda, Scottsdale, AZ
Bell Honda, Scottsdale, AZ

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are hundreds of great dealers out there. Then there are a few that suck. People have thousands and thousands great interactions everyday with numerous dealers and have their issues fixed well. Then there are some that don't. Guess which ones are complaining about it on forums, Facebook groups, and any other platform they can find?
Hence the reason for this post. Thought that was evident.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Bear in mind that people come to places like this to vent frustration, anger, or find out how to get a dealer to provided service that is reasonably expected. Which means coming in dissatisfied. They don't come to share their wonderful experience of the dealer who came and picked up their car for service, and brought a few of the free donuts available in the waiting room because the customer would otherwise lose out. The same is true of Yelp or pretty much any rating/review site.

OTOH, there are A__holes in every type of business. Car dealers seem to attract more than their proportionate share.

Some customers do not believe any warranty should ever end, and Honda seems to draw a disproportionate number of those people. The extreme (I've seen) is the guy who was here about six months ago, looking to start a class action suit because his engine had problems at something like 260,000 miles.

I'm guessing at least part of the problem is the relationship between Honda and the dealers. Honda promises things, the dealers have to deliver the service, but I think lower rates and time allowances for recall/warranty work make such work less attractive than customer pay. I don't face that in my nanNY state, as the powers that be have legislated that manufacturers must pay what amounts to full retail prices for parts and labor. Dealers here welcome warranty work!

Philosophically, I think Honda and its dealers should be able to reach contractual agreement without gov't interference. But I like not being treated like a mooching relative when I visit a dealer for recall/warranty work. Which is all I use dealers for.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Once they even took care of a number of updates I was not aware of.
John, you are EAZZZZZZY. Identifying and doing this kind of thing is a baseline expectation for me, not something I would find especially praiseworthy.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bear in mind that people come to places like this to vent frustration, anger, or find out how to get a dealer to provided service that is reasonably expected. Which means coming in dissatisfied. They don't come to share their wonderful experience of the dealer who came and picked up their car for service, and brought a few of the free donuts available in the waiting room because the customer would otherwise lose out. The same is true of Yelp or pretty much any rating/review site.

OTOH, there are A__holes in every type of business. Car dealers seem to attract more than their proportionate share.

Some customers do not believe any warranty should ever end, and Honda seems to draw a disproportionate number of those people. The extreme (I've seen) is the guy who was here about six months ago, looking to start a class action suit because his engine had problems at something like 260,000 miles.

I'm guessing at least part of the problem is the relationship between Honda and the dealers. Honda promises things, the dealers have to deliver the service, but I think lower rates and time allowances for recall/warranty work make such work less attractive than customer pay. I don't face that in my nanNY state, as the powers that be have legislated that manufacturers must pay what amounts to full retail prices for parts and labor. Dealers here welcome warranty work!

Philosophically, I think Honda and its dealers should be able to reach contractual agreement without gov't interference. But I like not being treated like a mooching relative when I visit a dealer for recall/warranty work. Which is all I use dealers for.
I don't know if Texas has legislated anything like that, but I do find dealerships (no matter the brand) to be at varying levels of competency and willingness to perform work. That is why I started this thread so we could all see which ones are the better ones and driver the business to them.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
John, you are EAZZZZZZY. Identifying and doing this kind of thing is a baseline expectation for me, not something I would find especially praiseworthy.
I have had other brands (Ram) do this, but not Honda. Ram even did it on my almost out of warranty diesel so I could get the entire turbo and front steering replaced free of charge. About $3000 in parts alone. Honda I had to fight with to get them to update the transmission software for the recall after telling them repeatedly about the problem. Its f-ing software!!!

·
Registered
2020 Honda Odyssey EX-L, Platinum White Pearl on Mocha Brown Leather
1,436 Posts
That is why I started this thread so we could all see which ones are the better ones and driver the business to them.
Fair point.

To that, Rairdon Honda of Marysville, WA has been nothing but excellent in service, parts, and sales to us. We recommend them highly.

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
2,726 Posts
I don't know if Texas has legislated anything like that, but I do find dealerships (no matter the brand) to be at varying levels of competency and willingness to perform work. That is why I started this thread so we could all see which ones are the better ones and driver the business to them.
Fellow Texan here. I'd have to say I agree. They seem to differ. But in my experience all the Honda dealers I've been to have still been better than when I was at Toyota dealerships years ago looking at Siennas before I bought my Odyssey

Reactions: serega12
1 - 11 of 11 Posts