Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to start a thread to capture overall satisfaction of owning new Odyssey. Please list the following:

1. Year and model
2. Month or years you own the van
3. Number of miles driven
4. Number of issues experienced (brief summary of them)
5. Total number of days spent in a service shop
6. If you had to go back, would you buy Odyssey again?

·
Registered
218 Posts
1. 2011 EX model -Better looking than the seinna
2. Three months -
3. 1002 miles
4. No issues
5. non
6. No vans period -I actually don't like "vans" but needed the extra room for four family members and then some.

Overall? I'm satisfied. I'd be more satisfied if I can afford some OEM 19teens from an MDX or something.

·
Registered
28 Posts
1. 2012 EX-L w/nav
2. one week
3. 500 miles
4. This is the 4th odyssey. Nav system is awful. I get 10 miles from home and it says "no ditigal roads available". Nightmare to program. Garmin is 100 % better and easier to use. Wind noise by driver door. Sun shade will not slide out like 2007 van.
5. none yet
6. To soon to tell.

·
Registered
75 Posts
1. 2011 Touring
2. 8 months
3. 10,000
4. Creaking struts fixed lubricated, sliding door track lubricated, seat made a weird noise upon returning to upright position after putting it in ingress/egress mode. All very minor issues that took very little time.
5. 1 hour
6. 100% yes:this is my fourth and favorite one!

·
Registered
98 Posts
1. 2012 Touring Elite
2. 2 months
3. approx. 800 miles
4. Wind noise at drivers window, grinding/lurching transmission, problematic rear view camera.
5. Haven't taken it to the dealer yet.
6. Probably. I'm a little worried about the transmission given Honda's problems with transmissions in the last few years but will likely get an extended Honda warranty as piece of mind. I still think the packaging/overall value of the Ody is significantly better than every other product available (but for the Toyota which the Sienna is still better).

·
Registered
884 Posts
1. 2011 exl res
2. 1 month
3. 1500 miles
4. Windshield replaced. Hood had to be realigned. Squeak in latch third row seat repaired. Minor wind noise right front door
5. 2 days in shop separate trips.
6. This is my fourth odyssey going back to 2002. My father was a GM dealer and I used to change vehicles every 12 months. These things are made by human beings and there will be minor issues but this is the most sophisticated and tightest vehicle I have ever owned. Can't imagine it will be my last.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
I'd like to start a thread to capture overall satisfaction of owning new Odyssey. Please list the following:

1. Year and model
2. Month or years you own the van
3. Number of miles driven
4. Number of issues experienced (brief summary of them)
5. Total number of days spent in a service shop
6. If you had to go back, would you buy Odyssey again?
What about you?

·
Registered
131 Posts
1. 2012 EX-L
2. 1 Month
3. 700
4. Driver side window noise, aftermarket alarm/starter that doesn't open door while car is running
5. 0 have to go in for the wind issue
6. Probably, it is pretty much the only vehicle that moves the amount of people/stuff we need with decent gas mileage.

·
Registered
142 Posts
1. 2011 EX-RES
2. 10 months
3. 10000 M
4. Rear bumper being scratched by the rear hatch making contact with it.
5. 5
6. Oh ya for sure. Seats 3 full size car seats across the 2nd row. No other van does that this model year. 'nough said !

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I cannot comment yet, i'm taking the delivery next week. I was thinking it's a good idea to get some idea about Ody reliability in one thread to help prospective buyers like me.

·
Registered
174 Posts
2012 EX-L
3 months
1000 miles
wind noise - drivers side window
no visits to dealer yet
yes - This was my number 1 choice, and that hasn't changed.

·
Registered
174 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
1. 2011 EX
2. 7 months
3. 8000km
4. 2, batt low, strut creak
5. 2.5hrs for struck creak and tire swap w/ oil change
6. Without a doubt, no decent market competition at all.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
I cannot comment yet, i'm taking the delivery next week. I was thinking it's a good idea to get some idea about Ody reliability in one thread to help prospective buyers like me.
I thought you already owned one so I was wondering if it was a bit late for that buyer's remorse question :D

I agree with some of the posters here, a good range of choices, but competition fell short on features for my needs so I'm satisfied after 1+ year of ownership. Only downside is that I had to buy it as soon as the 4th gen launched, upside, the powertrain was a carry-over from the 3rd gen (might be evil, but known evil :p)

I'd buy again if the car at that time meets my family needs :dunno:

·
Registered
95 Posts
1. 2011 Touring (Canadian)
2. 9 LONG Months
3. 5,000 km
4. BMS (flogged to death already), crappy fit and finish (yeah should have seen in pre purchase), loose wiper arm
5. 3 so far but I am heading back AGAIN I haven't even changed the oil yet
6. If I could go back NOPE, would have bought something else. Was a Honda fan but can't see my buying another one.

other notes, vibration from brakes on a long down hill stretch, had a nasty creak while turning out of the driveway, waiting for that to return. not worth the money.

·
Registered
13 Posts
1. 2011 Touring
2. 1 year and 1 month
3. 5200 miles
4. Battery Management System - Low Battery Warning Indicator (Finally fixed)
5. 4, I think.
6. Yeah, probably. But hopefully won't need to for at least another 7 or 8 years.

·
Registered
6 Posts
1. 2012 EXL
2. 2 months
3. 3800 miles
4. Wind noise windshield passenger side and sometime when locking vehicle with remote key horn does not blow. (Both Keys)
5. Have not been in for service
6. This is my 6th Honda and second odyssey, had 2008 EXL. Little disappointed with 2012 expected it to be quieter than the 2008. Very satisfied with 2008 and I think if I had to do it again I would take a closer look at the Toyota and chrysler.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
4. Wind noise windshield passenger side and sometime when locking vehicle with remote key horn does not blow. (Both Keys)
Do you mean if you press the lock button twice? If you press it once, it locks everything and the parking lights blink once, but it does not blow any horn. If you press twice it then blinks again and "honks" as a confirmation.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Everything is relative. Got a buddy who purchased a 2011 all wheel drive Sienna. In excess of $60,000 Cdn. I wouldn't trade his for my Oddy for all the tea in China. At least someone took the time to fasten my wiring harnesses to the frame.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts