Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you are still waiting for your Ody? I placed the order for mine at the end of July. According to my dealer, it was due to arrive mid October and they would call me 20 days before it arrived, still no word from them. All they tell me is that they have not heard anything yet ???????????
Is anyone else in the same boat? Maybe I'm just too impatient/excited to get my Ody.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I'm here with you. They told me early October, then late October, now it's early November....

------------------
-= Darell =-
2002 Ody EXL-Nav (TW) ordered, and now maybe coming on November 2!
I haven't had a date in months (well, years actually, but that's a different story)
2001 Civic EX

·
Registered
32 Posts
We are still waiting for ours. I stopped in the dealer yesterday. He orginally told us a build date of 10/28. He was wrong, its 10/16 - 10/20. So we may get it at the end of the month. Even better news, another Starlight Silver is being built the next week, so... if ours comes in with a bad paint job, the dealer said he would let me have the next one a week later.

------------------
'02 SS EX-L RES on
order, build date (10/16 - 10/20)
'98 Explorer XLT
'94 Prism Lsi

·
Registered
207 Posts
I passed my dealer earlier and mine's in; a GG-RES sitting on the lot. Only problem is I'm sure my dealer will insist that he sold it to someone else. My mission = convince him it's MINE!

G

·
Joining the club...

Supposedly the van was built on Tuesday, so it should be here 10/30.

Michelle

------------------

Phoenix ~i~ & Belle (aka Belzebub)
Click here to see my site!
2002 RP EXL-RES (Tuesday!)
1995 Honda Civic DX Coupe-1990 Chrysler LeBaron Convertible-1987 Honda Civic Sedan-1986 Toyota LE Van

·
Registered
27 Posts
I ordered a MB EXL-RES on 8/16/01 and was the second order in line at the dealer. The first was a RRP LX and it's already delivered. I was told early October now told this week Oct 30 build date. Hope it's true!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Our TW EXL-RES is still 5-6 weeks away. We ordered 3 weeks ago though.

Chris

·
Registered
57 Posts
I ordered my 02 MB EX on Labor Day and was
told that UBS was taking 4 to 5 months, last
week I was into the dealer's and he said he
expected it in Jan as he had data for Dec and
mine would be the next on the list so plan on
early Jan.

·
Registered
12 Posts
We got our EXL Navi SS last week. I ordered in July. Great car so far. Can't wait to get into it every morning.
Had to go back with a bad battery. Added Bumper rubber at the dealer after seeing it was needed, and how close people were parking to me. Didn't want to scratch the paint. Also had them put on the mud guards. Car takes on a whole new look when you add all that to it.

[This message has been edited by rudyp (edited 10-18-2001).]

·
Registered
28 Posts
Still waiting here too. We ordered at the beginning of Aug. I called the dealer yesterday and he said he "thinks" it's coming in at the end of this month. Hopefully, he's right.

·
Registered
78 Posts
We're also still waiting. Ordered in June, but changed colors and had to re-order at that point. Just got our VIN and expect delivery in 10 days.

·
Registered
3 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jonaussie:
How many of you are still waiting for your Ody? I placed the order for mine at the end of July. According to my dealer, it was due to arrive mid October and they would call me 20 days before it arrived, still no word from them. All they tell me is that they have not heard anything yet ???????????
Is anyone else in the same boat? Maybe I'm just too impatient/excited to get my Ody.
</font>
I think you need to shop around and call all dealers to see if you can find one.

I owned a MB 2000 EX. Three weeks ago wife got involved into an accident and the Ody was totaled. I called several Honda dealers within 100 miles and found three 2002 Odys available. Finally I got a SS 2002 EX-L. I think you can try to shop around. Some people put orders through several dealers. Once they get one, they will cancel other orders because the deposits are all refundable. by the way, I live in Michigan. I did see two unsold Odys on the dealer's parking lot. Mostly speaking, EX without leather or LX models are relatively easier to find. I Good luck to you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I placed the order for our RRP-NAV the first week of September and was told to expect delivery mid December. I have spoken to the dealer many times since ordering and we are supposed to still be on track. Our dealer mentioned that I was the first 2002 NAV order, and that a NAV may take longer for them to get. I don't know if there is any validity to that statement, we'll see.

·
Registered
122 Posts
rudyp

How much did PS Honda soak you for bumper rubber. I seen it. All it is a piece of ribbed rubber and contact cement.

Guy....Don't waste your $$$ on this. It is a delaer option not Honda.

I too am adding bumper rubber. I am getting it at JC Whitney for $18.95/pair. 5 pairs wrap the Odyssey bumpers. It is the same one that NYC Taxis use. It is not the nicest looking one but it gives the bumper a ridge feel and look.

BTW I now own a 2002 Odyssey MB-EXLRES. I trade a 2001 GG EX which I did the bumper rubber. Because they used 3M automotive tape removal was a breeze. I am doing my bumpers tomorrow and will post next week.

1ODY2NV

2002 Odyssey MB EXL-RES
w/Kelton Subwoofer, Honda wood dash (front & back cabin); EX chrome Logo; Odyssey Licence Plate Frame, Wolf Automotive console; JVC KVZ-10 VCR; WeatherTech window deflectors and mats, Honda cargo cover and tray, Hatchbag (tan); Dashhugger (Taupe); Eclipse Sunshade; Motorola Hands free 3 watt Kit for StarTac phones, plus many more

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks CARP for the suggestions. Well I did follow your advice and called another dealer to see how long it would take to get an ODY from somewhere else. Well guess what I found out, the other dealer seached his computer and tolled me that the ODY that I have had on order for 3 months now (RRP EX-L NAVI) was nowhere to be found from any dealer in my area. I then called my dealer back and they still know nothing but do claim that it has been ordered??????????????????? Go figure!!!!
If anyone knows of an 02'RRP or SS available in an EX-L NAVI in some dealers lot please let me know.

·
Registered
154 Posts
jonaussie...
You might consider calling Dennis Jenkins at Jay Honda in OH (888.360.6861). I live in CA and have ordered mine from him. At least two others in this forum have done the same and are pleased. We had similar issues here in CA. Be sure to check with your states DMV to see if you have any issues to deal with.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I second that! I am one that jarcher mentioned who got mine from Jay Honda. Dennis found my Ody the next day and shipped it to me within the week! Got it last Thursday-great experience, great dealership/sales rep

Just another option to consider, if you have any questions, email me.

------------------
'02 RRP EX NAV
Mudguards,cargo tray,door edge protectors, gold emblems,
17" TSW Spirit wheels with 235/55 Dunlop Sport A2 tires Lots more to come!
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
>How many of you are still waiting for your >Ody?

My Ody was built last week and is due sometime in the next 7 days!!

Army cargo is transported via rail, so all of the VIN tracking sites now have secured access, so regular folks like us can't track our babies.

Grant

1 - 20 of 30 Posts