Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched this site as well a others, but have not found a good answer...

I own a 2006 Odyssey, and I'm looking for any info on where to purchase new arm rests for the front two seats. The arm rests are getting black and sticky, and just will not come clean (tan color). This isn't just the seat arm rests, but the door arm rests (where you grab to pull door closed) also. I would love to replace them with nice new clean ones.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
You probably just need to use the right cleaner. A mineral spirits soaked rag works wonders on that kind of stuff. Just make sure to use in well ventilated area and then leave the windows open for several hours on a nice day so the mineral spirits can evaporate.

Majestic Honda is a major online parts dealer. The captains chair arm rest is $101 for leather and $78 for cloth. The door arm rest is $57. The least it will cost you is $270. For that kind of money I would try pretty hard to clean it. I would even try a professional detailer first as they will typically spot clean something like that for $20.

·
Registered
88 Posts
On my old vw Gti which was tan leather I used ( don't laugh) Purell hand sanatizer to clean mine up. Just put on a rag and then worked its magic away. But I've also Hurd that those magic erasers the foam sponge type work well

Sent from my iPad using Autoguide

·
Registered
55 Posts
If you don’t mind a slightly different color from original I found new covers on Amazon for under $20. I’d rather have a clean, not torn, slightly different colored cover myself. But maybe that’s just me. They’re also pretty easy to install. Took me about 20 minutes for both sides (front only).
1958023C-8496-4B0D-B300-EAFD927752D1.jpeg image.jpg

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I haven't looked for tan, but the grey ones I bought for my EX-L are so close that I doubt anyone would notice that they aren't original unless they were told.

The same seller carries beige:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yes sir! That’s the seller I purchased from. I’m happy with ours even though they’re slightly off color. Glad yours are so close!

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Yes sir! That’s the seller I purchased from. I’m happy with ours even though they’re slightly off color. Glad yours are so close!
Unfortunately it seems that the door armrest covers aren't as easy to come by. They don't just pop-up on Amazon (or elsewhere) like the seat armrest covers do.

I'm sure they are out there if we search hard enough. Salvage yards/you-pull-it yards might be a source for a complete OEM armrest assembly

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
One other option, assuming that the door armrests can't be bought or cleaned.

We have an auto upholstery shop in our city. Many years ago I went looking for a way to repair a worn driver's seat in an Element (common problem). The owner had a whole bunch of books of samples (cloth, leather, vinyl, etc.) He looked up my vehicle, flipped through the various OEM color options for that year and found an exact match. He then gave me a price to replace the panel that was worn. Granted, it wasn't cheap, since it was basically a custom job, special order fabric, etc. but it could have been done.

We put it off for the time being then moved on when my daughter totaled the E on snowy mountain road.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
If you have middle seat Captains Chairs, the armrests might fit on the front seats. Then you can clean up the old front ones, any way you can.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I wish that would work!! The middle row seats are not adjustable like the front seats are. Ody. owners are stuck with either the recover or live with option.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
If you have middle seat Captains Chairs, the armrests might fit on the front seats. Then you can clean up the old front ones, any way you can.
I can state with 100% certainty that you can not swap the front & rear armrests in a 2006 EX-L. I tried.

The front armrests have a 2 part ratcheting mechanism, 1 part in the armrest and 1 part in the seat back. The rears do not. The rear armrest will not mate with the front seat back and vice-versa. Different innards, different size bolt, etc.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I wish that would work!! The middle row seats are not adjustable like the front seats are. Ody. owners are stuck with either the recover or live with option.
Add "replace" to your list of options. New OEM isn't cheap (>$280) but it is an option.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts