Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Odyssey EX Slate Metallic Green
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went and picked up some wheels that I thought would be good on the Oddity. Did a good bit of research but probably not enough. Looking for advice. I pulled the wheels out to get a look at what they would look like on the van and was looking over the different markings on the inside of the wheels. 20x8.5, 5x120 lug pattern, ET15 offset... I had thought these were a 35 offset but it looks as if they were offered in both 15 and 35, and i got 15s...

So, am I still going to be able to use these? can I get (or will i need) spacers? little bummed right now.
Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Vehicle

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I think you need 16x61/2 45 offset. Pull out one of your wheels and take a look.

·
Registered
2009 Odyssey EX Slate Metallic Green
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think you need 16x61/2 45 offset. Pull out one of your wheels and take a look.
thats the stock size I already have. I am looking to move up to a 19 or 20 and got a good deal on this setup but I thought the offset was different, If it was 35 or 40 I could probably use them, but 15 will probably stick out too far. 55 years old and still learning stuff...

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Yeah, 55 years old and still care about how your wheels look 😁 😁 😁 that puzzles me more.

·
Registered
8,495 Posts
15mm offset will look like this:

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Land vehicle

Well, not really ... but I think you already get the idea. BTW, 15mm offset will really mess up the scrub radius. I have zero idea how weird it would handle as I'm almost certain you'd be going from a stock negative scrub radius to a positive value.

OF

·
Registered
2010 Odyssey EX, Canadian
1,291 Posts
The biggest rims that would make sense for 3rd gen Ody are 18 inch MDX rims, anything bigger than that will cause nothing but problems.
I installed MDX rims with 245/55r18 tires, they fit almost OK, scratching inner fenders a little, at tight turns, but not too much, I would say acceptable. Also, I had to lift rear end, otherwise rear wheels would definitely touch arch panel.

Anything bigger than 245/55R18 will never fit without major modifications.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The biggest rims that would make sense for 3rd gen Ody are 18 inch MDX rims, anything bigger than that will cause nothing but problems.
I installed MDX rims with 245/55r18 tires, they fit almost OK, scratching inner fenders a little, at tight turns, but not too much, I would say acceptable. Also, I had to lift rear end, otherwise rear wheels would definitely touch arch panel.

Anything bigger than that will never fit without major modifications.
There are plenty of Odyssey owners running 19" or 20" wheels... Take a look at these threads, mostly 20" 5th gen Camaro SS wheels

·
Registered
2010 Odyssey EX, Canadian
1,291 Posts
There are plenty of Odyssey owners running 19" or 20" wheels...
3rd gen Ody on 20" rims? It probably exists somewhere, but on the street I haven't seen one yet.. ))

Honestly, I was talking about normal wheels, with acceptable amount of rubber between rim and the road.

Of course, there are some jack ..ss type of rides with low profile tires, but who wants to drive that? Most odyclub members want to have reliable daily driver vehicle, at lowest cost possible..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts