Honda Odyssey Forum banner

As a salesperson, What can I do to make the experience more pleasant?

12139 Views 60 Replies 41 Participants Last post by  xinnek
I'm a salesperson at Beaverton Honda here in Oregon. I'm looking for suggestions on how to make purchasing an Odyssey a more pleasant experience. I'd also like to know what you didn't like, or just downright annoyed you, so I can try to avoid those things. Just so everyone knows upfront. I do not have any control over the price. (I know that can be one of the biggest annoyances.

Thanks in advance,
Ken Nix Beaverton Honda
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
95 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ken Nix:
I'm a salesperson at Beaverton Honda here in Oregon. I'm looking for suggestions on how to make purchasing an Odyssey a more pleasant experience. I'd also like to know what you didn't like, or just downright annoyed you, so I can try to avoid those things. Just so everyone knows upfront. I do not have any control over the price. (I know that can be one of the biggest annoyances.

Thanks in advance,
Ken Nix Beaverton Honda
</font>
Know your product, know the competition and be honest. I bought my Oydssey from Patrick at Beaverton Honda. He was the most knowledgable and easiest salesman to work with at any dealership. I've walked away from salesmen at dealerships becasue they don't know what they are talking about. For example, one guy told me that the ATTS system in my Prelude operates on rear wheels. One guy told me that my Accord V-6 was a rear wheel drive car. Another guy in Portland told me that they were the only dealership in the area that had Odysseys about 30 minutes after I was at your dealership looking at the Odysseys that you had. At the car show 3 salesmen tried to sell me an Odyssey after I told them that I had an Odyssey and that I wanted to know more about the Pilot. I won't deal with salesmen that are idiot or with salesmen that think I'm lying and/or an idiot.

------------------
2000 Odyssey EX-Nav
2001 Toyota Tacoma DoubleCab 4x4

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.