Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
104 Posts
dMax said:
This is big! My salesman called me 3 days after the sale to make sure everything was OK and to see if we had any questions. The sales manager called after one week to make certain I was satisfied with the car and with his salesman. Somebody (probably an assistant) from the dealership called one month later to make certain I had received follow-up that made me feel comfortable that I was being "looked after".

The salesman told me if I ever needed a last-minute service appointment when none was available that I should call him and he would try to pull a string. It doesn't matter if I never need him to or even if he can't get it done - it's an example of him offering a little service that I appreciate considering I bought a car that he really did nothing to "sell".

A last, specific piece of advice would be to hang out on this forum for awhile. The people here know more than any salesman I've ever encountered. Thanks to my sucking up the collective wisdom presented here I know that I can go "toe-to-toe" with many salespeople.

Good luck-

------------------
dMax
'02 GG EX-L w/fog lights

[This message has been edited by dMax (edited 01-29-2002).]

Make sure you don't tell your customers that customer loyalty doesn't mean anything. I had a floor manager at a local dealership tell me that customer loyalty is not that important. When I told his management about what he said, they were not very happy.

· Registered
104 Posts
sahm said:
1. ask me what i am looking for in a vechicle...
leather.. trip computer... engine size... ... you see in a woman and all you ask me is what color...:confused: :mad:
i know as much as the man next to me. which is my husband. dont ask him the technical questions. ask me. you see ill be driving the vehicle more if it is the van.

2. please please spare me the theatrics of you have to make money too and you are taking a big cut... i know where you are getting your commision from and the hidden fees you slap on.. just because you need to "go in the back to talk to your manager about that price" just doesnt cut it anymore. i walk in i have a price for you. YOU take it or Leave it. you see i have to make a living too...
3. dont bait and switch.
4. dont lie... i have children i can tell when people are lying...
5. know your vehicle(s) that you are selling. one salesman didnt know where the oil dipstick was under the engine. so in other words STUDY!
6. show your customer how to save money. yup! even if it means loosing some yourself. why?? well if youi help me save money on items ill remember your face and name. trust me i will sing your praises at every pta meeting.. doctors office... and family and friend... i will send you business!
7. reward loyalty. nuf said...
8. take some classes from disney world. they know how to make you feel great and keep you coming back to spend your money!!!!

slide a free carwash coupon in the glove box for a pleasant suprise with your name and card on it! or GASP an extra programmable keyfob...

i have sent many people to the same dealership as the one i have used and i have sent them to the same salesman.

scratch my back and i scratch yours...
Amen to number 7. I've been a loyal customer to a dealership for the past five years and the dealership's GM "rewarded" me by trying to stick it to me for $1500 over MSRP. I guess that's what I get for thinking that customer loyalty means something.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.