Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
147 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ken Nix:
I'm looking for suggestions on how to make purchasing an Odyssey a more pleasant experience. </font>
Here are my suggestions:
  • Offer the lowest price. Obvious, but true.
  • If you don't know the answer, tell the customer that you don't know, but you'll find out.
  • If you told the customer you'll get an answer, follow up with the reply, even if they left your lot - call them up with accurate answer(s) to their questions. This is an excellent opportunity to build trust with your potential customer.
  • Feel free to offer extras, such as the cargo tray or HondaCare, but don't use high pressure.
  • Tell customers about this website. It offers excellent advice.
  • After the sale, go through the owner's manual, keys and all other documents.
  • After the sale, patiently walk the new owner through all of the vehicle's features. Tell the customer what octane gas to use.
  • Be sure the customer knows when the car should next come in for service.
  • Call the customer one week and one month after the sale to verify that everything's OK. There's inevitably going to be some item to follow up on, so your call will be helpful.
  • Save your customer's birthdays and send them birthday and holiday cards for the next 4 years. They'll definitely remember.

Regarding the "protection program" that your dealership offers, I would personally prefer to pay a $1,000 cash premium than pay $1,600 for fabric protector and wax. That way, I save $600. As for the warranties that these protectants offer, I think that $1,600 is way to much to charge for a warranty that only covers the paint and the seat covers. I understand that you aren't the decision maker on that particular issue, but as a customer, I would personally not use a dealership that tacks those things on.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.