Honda Odyssey Forum banner

As a salesperson, What can I do to make the experience more pleasant?

12127 60
I'm a salesperson at Beaverton Honda here in Oregon. I'm looking for suggestions on how to make purchasing an Odyssey a more pleasant experience. I'd also like to know what you didn't like, or just downright annoyed you, so I can try to avoid those things. Just so everyone knows upfront. I do not have any control over the price. (I know that can be one of the biggest annoyances.

Thanks in advance,
Ken Nix Beaverton Honda
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
255 Posts
Act like you really, sincerely appreciate the business. A new automobile is usually the second most expensive purchase a person will make in life (a house being the first). I presume I speak for others when I say that when I make a $30,000+ purchase I would like my expenditure to be appreciated. I don't feel like it was when I purchased my new Ody. I have been thanked much more profusely and genuinely after purchasing a 53 cent coffee refill at the local QuikTrip convenience store. My Honda salesman was more interested in getting us out the door quickly; getting all "excellents" on the dealership survey; and getting us to purchase the overpriced extended warranty. He got none of the three.

· Registered
255 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Maugham:
The cost of the many vehicles we consume over our lifetime are an expense while a house is usually an investment.</font>
Right you are, Maugham. I was speaking solely from the standpoint of the initial outlay; not giving investment advice. But wouldn't it be nice to retire on the profits our Odys would bring us at sale in 20 years.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.