Honda Odyssey Forum banner
101 - 115 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Dealers please tell me why a key copy for a 2005 Odyssey is 60+ AND a $100 service hour?

I have no problem paying the 60 for a key and cutting, but this should include programming or cloning.

Can they not clone my master key ( I do have one) without the car having to be reprogrammed? What about the Ilco machine from SB 99-053?

If any Honda professional here can lead me to a place in So Cal where I can get a couple of keys for less that $250, I would appreciate it!

Dealers here must logically understand how this is straight up gouging. Not a great reputation to have for Honda.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Carr,
When do you expect build-out of 2010 Odysseys / first ordering of 2011 Odysseys. I know Honda is moving up the intro of the 2011 Pilot, probably to help free up space / time on the Ody line. Just curious if you've seen any timetable on this.

Thanks.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
time fram

The current date for release is about Oct 1 so I would assume last order for 2010 Odysseys with Sept production to be in July.

August orders should be for the 2011.

This is what I have been told but subject to change of course.

·
Registered
8 Posts
We have a 2000 Honda Odyssey that we love. We bought at used dealer some time ago and it has what appears to be a custom built in radar detector. The sensor is in the front license plate. The lights and beeping is on the top of the steering column. We cannot seem to find out if this is something that was added on after market or if there was ever an option to have this installed at factory. Have you ever heard of this?

Not really important issue for us except I wrecked the van the other night in snowy weather and damaged front end severely including the radar. Just trying to figure out how to add in that repair estimate for insurance purposes. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,
MK

·
Registered
220 Posts
You posted this in two places. You got answers in the other.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm having a little difficulty with a particular dealer here in Miami, Fl. I went in to purchase a 2007 Odyssey EX-L and the car was fine we test drove it and everything. After signing the papers and giving the guy $20,000.00 we went to claim the van and there is a big dent on the side on the fender where the door is rubbing making an awful sound. It wasn't there before.

Is it normal for a dealer to take their sweet time in repairing their mistake? I mean between the car wash and filling the gas tank, one of their employees obviously hit something.

Also, after 2-3 days of having the van, I feel the car shaking when I get up to 45mph (give or take). I only had the car for 3 weeks. Would this be considered a lemon?

What should I say to scare them straight. I went in there in good faith and bought what I thought was a good vehicle. Came out with a peice of junk so far (that's the way I see it).

Please help...only transportation I have for my 3 children and 2 are disabled.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
I would first suggest you contact the general manager, and explain the situation. If the dent happened while preparing the vehicle for delivery they should own up to it, but at the same time when you went out to examine the vehicle after purchase you should have refused it then.

As to shaking it is probably a wheel balance or alignment and should be an easy fix.

Unless Florida has a statue about "lemons" you probably have little recourse.

I would do all this in writing and if you have a lawyer then I would cc them.

Odysseys are great vans, but it sounds like a so so dealer. DO NOT go to salesperson or salesmanger. Go to the GM they will probably be more receptive.

carr

·
Registered
26 Posts
carr said:
I would first suggest you contact the general manager, and explain the situation. If the dent happened while preparing the vehicle for delivery they should own up to it, but at the same time when you went out to examine the vehicle after purchase you should have refused it then.

As to shaking it is probably a wheel balance or alignment and should be an easy fix.

Unless Florida has a statue about "lemons" you probably have little recourse.

I would do all this in writing and if you have a lawyer then I would cc them.

Odysseys are great vans, but it sounds like a so so dealer. DO NOT go to salesperson or salesmanger. Go to the GM they will probably be more receptive.

carr
Carr, I went to the Manager that same day before I took the car. I showed it to him and he acknowledged that the car wasn't like that when he saw it the day before. He's not denying the dent. Just taking them a while to finish the repair. I go back in this Friday and this will be my 3rd Friday in a row and hopefully the last for the repair.

When we saw it my husband told the manager that we weren't going to take it like that. 3 minutes later hubby gets a call from his boss that he needed to come in ASAP. So, I had to take the car home so he can get to work. His job was one direction and my house the other.

Florida does have the lemon law thing. I was reading on another post and it seems that people are having problems with some kind of update and then the shaking comes from the torque converter. Seems like a normal occurrence for all Honda dealers so hopefully we get that taken care of there or 2 other Honda dealers near home.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
Good luck with the new van.
On the lemon law thing lots of state have varying degrees.
Some are only new cars some are model year or time exclusive.

Sounds like they will resolve the issue for you.

If you need any further advise or suggestions please ask.

btw... when repair is done to body make sure you are happy with it. Once you leave with the car it would be difficult to go back.
LOOK at the van carefully in outside light for color match, paint texture etc. Also see if they have any warranty on the repair work (get it in writing)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Do you or does anyone know where the best price might be for the new Honda 2010 Navi DVD update?
Are any of the Google Search engine download sites trustworthy enough to purchase this DVD or download it from them?
Or might there be a free download available?

·
Registered
827 Posts
I got a postcard about a week ago, offering me 10 bucks off the new DVD Update.... look for one in YOUR mailbox.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2010 Navi DVD from other sources

Thanks for your response.
I got one myself today, It was for a purchase price of $149 plus 20% discount equaling around $120.
I shuttered when I thought of paying anything.
If Microsoft offers free upgrades on their products I cannot see why we should have to pay Honda for the same service.
I wonder if any Honda Dealers are offering it a reasonable and substantially discounted cost.
Does anyone know if the update DVDs can be used more than once? Maybe we could pass them around to defray the cost.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Software update

Could you tell me how to perform software update for my Odyssey 2007 touring?
is it free? or how much it would cost?

I checked the system information and it showed:

Database area: United states
Database Version: 20060502
Software Version: 1.59.03

Are those out of date?

Please help...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
I assume you are refering to the update for the Navi.

If that is the case there is lots of info on the forum.

This is not free and has to be ordered through Navtec

Cost is in the area of 120 - 150
but you should confirm that there is enough new info to upgrade. Most of the time I find that unless you really need the update then it is not worth the expense. But that is my opinion only.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I just bought an 08 odyssey exl ivh northstar converted wheelchair accessible van. It has everything but nav. I see onsafecar.gov it says 2 recalls are incomplete. The one for fire and for sudden braking and no functioning brake lights. Dealer says its only missing the vcm recall and vsa for air in the brake system. What else can I do? I just want to make sure everything is done as the seller is going all required and next check point maintenance. Thx.

101 - 115 of 115 Posts