Honda Odyssey Forum banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

Registered

Registered

Registered
I looked at most of the replies and no one talked about Pirelli... I got the Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Plus II on the Odyssey. My other choice was the Continental CrossContact LX25 but I had Pirelli on my Kia Sorento and I love them, so I decided to stay with Pirelli for the van. Up to now, I love them. I got them at a good price from an online retailer in Quebec. 3 years now with the Pirelli on the Kia and no problem with them.

Registered
I'm surprised there is no mention in this thread about the Federal Couragia XUV tires. Great grip, nice treadwear and great price. I had Cooper tires and hated them, they had the worst wet traction I've seen in a tire I would never buy them again.
Federal Couragia XUV
The specs on that tire look for the most part looks like passenger car / suv load ratings.

I am finding it challenging to locate anyone who sells them / list prices to do cost comparisons.

Registered
I looked at most of the replies and no one talked about Pirelli... I got the Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Plus II on the Odyssey. My other choice was the Continental CrossContact LX25 but I had Pirelli on my Kia Sorento and I love them, so I decided to stay with Pirelli for the van. Up to now, I love them. I got them at a good price from an online retailer in Quebec. 3 years now with the Pirelli on the Kia and no problem with them.
Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Plus II
what was your price? I am seeing those from my local supplier who is the cheapest in the area for 195 CAD per tire.
out the door price 899 CAD tax, enviro fees no installation.

Registered
what was your price? I am seeing those from my local supplier who is the cheapest in the area for 195 CAD per tire.
out the door price 899 CAD tax, enviro fees no installation.
I got them from here:

Almost the same price here:

Registered
We've had the Sumitomo's on for over a year, about 9k miles; they've been great at half the price. Do they have the best traction, lower noise, great all weather handling you ask? Well... Good enough as far as I'm concerned. I've had no issues and in fact when it came time for tires for my car I put a set on there too. $400 vs $700-900 and it's hard for me to tell the difference between these and the Avid Ascends I had on the car before. Just food for thought.

Good luck!

Registered
We've had the Sumitomo's on for over a year, about 9k miles; they've been great at half the price. Do they have the best traction, lower noise, great all weather handling you ask? Well... Good enough as far as I'm concerned. I've had no issues and in fact when it came time for tires for my car I put a set on there too. $400 vs $700-900 and it's hard for me to tell the difference between these and the Avid Ascends I had on the car before. Just food for thought.

Good luck!
I looked around here in eastern Canada, and there was only one supplier of the sumitomos and the price was not competitive.
Would of been my first choice otherwise, as they came highly recommend by pkrface.

settled on the 18" general altimax rt43, and not regretting it.
quiet ride, handle and brake nice, will see how they wear.
The roads up here are atrocious and full of potholes.
I got 2 summers on the kelly tires the dealer slapped on to get it out the door.
they were absolute crap and squeaked every time I took off from a light or stop sign, and dangerous in the rain.

Registered
The specs on that tire look for the most part looks like passenger car / suv load ratings.

I am finding it challenging to locate anyone who sells them / list prices to do cost comparisons.
I buy my tires from www.tires-easy.com the load index on them is 104 if I'm not mistaken which is more than enough for such a heavy car. They are designed for SUVs and minivans. They have great grip so far, I live in Florida so we get lots of rain and is hot 85% of the year, they have performed very well.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts