Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to try to change my own ATF in my 97 Odyssey. My wife picked up Honda DW1 fluid at the dealership, but I see the old bottle I have at home are labeled Z1. The DW1 fluid is labeled for newer Honda engines.

For my 97, should I get the Z1 stuff? Or is the DW1 OK? Is it OK to mix them? The last change was done by an indie and I don't know what they used, if either.

Are my old opened bottles still good? They have been tightly stoppered but may be 14 years old.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Z1 are specified on our ody, but if the wifey got em DW1, asked Honda first, better safe than sorry, you know how our tranny are, and lastly even unopened bottle of any product age older than 10 yrs will def NO go, but that's only my 2 cts.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Honda has replaced Z1 with the DW1. Ask the dealer for Z1 and they will give you DW1.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Dw1

I was ordering Fluid on-line last night, and the seller (H&A Accessories) had a note stating "DW1 is fully compatible/mixable with the old Z1 ATF."...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice everyone. Quik66, where on line do you order it? The dealer's stock is pricey.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts