Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.......Do you happen to know the brand of the rear window magnifier you have ? What store did you purchase it at ? I'm having a heck of a time finding it. I guess it's not a hot item anymore.
Thanks,

------------------
Rob/'01 GG LX
http://www.zing.com/album/?id=4292654815

·
1,484 Posts
I'm sorry, I don't remember the brand. It's been a while since I got mine. But I do know I got it from Pep Boys. I remeber someone mentioning you could also find it at places selling accessories for RV's (or any kind of large vehicle).

Good Luck,
nemogira

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info.I just found it on the JC Whitney website. One more question, do you know if yours is 8x10 or 11x14 ? Thanks again.

------------------
Rob/'01 GG LX

[This message has been edited by hachiroku (edited 05-29-2001).]

·
1,484 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by hachiroku:
Thanks for the info.I just found it on the JC Whitney website. One more question, do you know if yours is 8x10 or 11x14 ? Thanks again.

</font>
Neither...mine's probably half that size Probably 4x5. Anything bigger is not really necessary. Maybe you need to keep looking? Please keep us updated and tell us if you find anything else. Good Luck!

-nemogira

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
103 Posts
Okay, since I was the one who remembered seeing them on RV's as a kid traveling with my parents, I figured I should back up my words with action. So I checked the web during lunch and found many RV Accessory places. So far the cheapest one I have found is at http://www.campingworld.com/browse/products/index.cfm?deptID=5&subOf=32&prodID=1438

It is 6"x8" and costs $8.99 plus $1 shipping special. I ordered one - I will report back on it's effectiveness. I might try cutting it smaller if possible to not screw with the optics, if as Nemo- I mean PowerModifierSupreme (note the added adjective to his name)
suggests, it seems too big.

------------------
Steve
'01 GG EX w/ 1600 miles
Towing package, fog lights, KB subwoofer, leather steering wrap, splash guards, cargo tray, wheel locks, cross bars, Infinity speakers

[This message has been edited by sdp (edited 05-30-2001).]

·
1,484 Posts
Good going Steve! I think 6x8 should be fine. Besides, it's see through...it won't block your field of vision - it will only enhance it. Anyways, I COULD be wrong on the size of my lense...4x5 was just a quick estimate. I'll to measure it tonight and get back to you.

-nemogira

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nemogira,
I just installed my rear magnifier mirror but can't seem to get rid of the small air bubbles. Did you ever have a problem with that ? If so, how'd you remedy it ? Maybe a sqweegie will work ?

Abyez,
As for how it works, it does a pretty good job of covering a lot of areas I could'nt see while backing-up. I'm sure Nemogira can attest to that.
Now this is gonna be a BUSY weekend for me. Also just received my new Panasonic head unit and am waiting on a few more accessories !
YIPEEEEEE !

------------------
Rob/'01 GG LX

·
1,484 Posts
Yeah, I had the same problem with the bubbles when I first applied it. It will go away in a couple of weeks - don't worry. Also, a sqweegie couldn't hurt.

Good luck on the Panasonic install!

-nemogira

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
103 Posts
I just installed mine yesterday too and was also concerned with the air bubbles. I haven't done it yet but I plan on grabbing my wallpaper seam roller and without too much pressure see if I can work them out. If not, I'll wait it out.

Question: I mounted mine as low in the rear window as I could, but boy the wiper shows up prominently. Rob and Nemogira, how high up from the bottom of the glass did you put yours? I'll try to find Nemogira's orig photo in the ROSS threads.

------------------
Steve
'01 GG EX w/ 2100 miles
Towing package, fog lights, KB subwoofer, leather steering wrap, splash guards, cargo tray, wheel locks, cross bars, Infinity speakers

·
1,484 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sdp:
Question: I mounted mine as low in the rear window as I could, but boy the wiper shows up prominently. Rob and Nemogira, how high up from the bottom of the glass did you put yours? I'll try to find Nemogira's orig photo in the ROSS threads.
</font>
What do you mean the wiper shows up prominently? You installed it from the inside of the van right? Not the outside. The picture of mine is in the gallery section.

-nemogira

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
103 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nemogira:
What do you mean the wiper shows up prominently? You installed it from the inside of the van right? Not the outside.
</font>
Oh, maybe it's the wiper that's causing that big bubble.

No, what I meant was that when installed at the bottom of the glass, centered left to right (inside!) the wiper pivot point is almost in the center of the magnifier, so the magnified scene includes some (too much) of the wiper arm. I have to move the thing up a little and I was just curious how far up from the bottom yours is. I see in the photo that yours is just high enough to clear the wiper. 'Nuff said, I'll move mine up a bit.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sdp:

</font>
Actually, I have mine about the same height as Nemogira's but more to the driver's side due to the center headrest.This is still a trial spot for me. I may take-off the headrest and move it more to the right.

------------------
Rob/'01 GG LX

·
1,484 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by hachiroku:
Actually, I have mine about the same height as Nemogira's but more to the driver's side due to the center headrest.This is still a trial spot for me. I may take-off the headrest and move it more to the right.

</font>
Huh, I never thought about the headrest being in the way. I usually have the back seat in the bin. I guess that's a good reason to get the backup sensors.

-nemogira

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nemogira:
Huh, I never thought about the headrest being in the way. I usually have the back seat in the bin. I guess that's a good reason to get the backup sensors.
</font>
Beleive me,if I had the money and the time to work on back-up sensors, I would. For now I have to stick with what I can afford.

------------------
Rob/'01 GG LX

1 - 19 of 19 Posts